Any Top Gear Fans? (On Topic)

oldngray

nowhere special
I actually found that kind of funny.

Like look at it from our POV. As a country we're very xenophobic. They're the same way. Just with Euro cars

Agreed but the show was definitely made for a British audience. Which is understandable and I didn't object to except when the comparisons were unfair.

clean hairy

The Stig was entertaining, such as the race across London, where he had no clue about Public Transport.
The Car vs the Bullet train in Japan was a good one, Richard and James trying to figure out the signs they could not translate.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I didn't like the shift to mostly all supercars normal people would never drive. They were at their best doing things like the road trip to India or driving London taxis. Weird stuff that played to their strengths.

Hammond would like some American cars but Clarkson hates everything that isn't British..

One of Clarkson's all time favorite cars was a mid-80's Jeep Cherokee.

clean hairy

The controversy Jeremy caused as well.
The North Pole trip for one, him and James were drinking Adult Beverages, and the backlash of them drinking and driving.
I remember Jeremy saying they were not driving on Public roads, they were driving on frozen water.
Quite a discussion, as I remember.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It was a clever play on words.
David-Tennant-Nope-SMH-On-Dr.-Who-Gif.gif