Anybody else get swarmed by Amazon?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tsunades Curves, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Record week in my hub last week. People going out with 300+ stops and it doesn't look like it's getting any better. So many Amazon packages

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Is this something new from last year? Thanks for the update!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Who'd of thunk it?
    Busy right before peak season.
    Ridiculous, simply ridiculous

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Hell yeah 250 stops seemed really heavy. Last week one guy went out with 370 stops on a split route. Insane. I guess it should be better since you cant file 9.5 anymore since it ended last week as well

5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

It's still October

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. scooby0048

It ends in November but thanks for even more breaking news.

7. scooby0048

I don't appreciate you being so rude to these newbies. The young fella was just trying to be helpful. @Tsunades Curves, could you please tell us when Xmas is this year as it always seems to surprise the management at UPS?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Did your sup tell you , that you can't file?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Idk about anywhere else but in my hub it didn't get crazy until late November

10. It's been peak all year.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  11. scooby0048

SOmeone beat me to it.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Our center was the same until they implemented drones . Layoffs every week now .

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

They've been using them to shuttle late air and pickup letter boxes here.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

Meanwhile at our little center we sent home 6 drivers and everyone was punched out by 6:30. Late November should be fun...

15. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Yawn

16. MKJ

MKJ New Member

Not sure what area you are in but in Northern VA +- 275 'seasonal' drivers, the ones who were left from firing +- 100 drivers a week after Prime Days, were told they were terminated when they showed up a week ago at start of shift... Firing went sort of like this...my words 'you know at the end of July, a week after you worked yourselves into heat exhaustion, delivering hundreds of packages, +10 hours a day, 5 days in a row, in hot DC area humid +95 degree days during Prime Week, and even though we told those of you that remained, your job good for next ten months, well, not really, sorry, change of plans you are all being terminated effective end of this 3 day shift. I know we told you months ago we were going to make you permanent employees, but not happening. bye'. In July they brought Delivery Service Providers (DSP) in to interview , and hire those fired drivers, for less pay (-$1-3 dollars less).

But also, 2000 drivers lost job in past week in 8 states when Amazon decided not to renew three DSP Companies, who each were involved litigation where a driver in each of the 3 DSP companies had an accident with a fatality. So that's 2000 drivers now gone in 8 states, which might be reason for the upswing before Peak season. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ering-contracts-with-delivery-firms-linked-to

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  17. Brown287

Brown287 Im not the Mail Man!

Amazon fired OnTrac out west a couple months back. Our stop counts immediately went through the roof!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Saw a drone in the office with a steward yesterday morning. Not sure what it was about, but the place is buzzing with rumors.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Gipsee

Gipsee Member

A few of my neighbors get Amazon packages almost daily...It's about to get worse.

20. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Absolutely Genius Humor.
    @Wally could learn something from you