Anybody else get swarmed by Amazon?

Gipsee

UPS will be shipping zero Amazon shortly. Hang in..
Does anyone know how many jobs will be lost along with the 8% Amazon Revenue? Just curious.
a :censored2:load. think about Amazon is now getting contractors to do Prime...they are building warehouses all over the country and will take the shipping in-house.

MattM

If I had to estimate, some of our destinations are 80% Amazon. If we lose them, I’d say we lose 80% of our workforce.

We haven’t really seen a drop in packages either. We’re at peak volume already. None of these packages are two day either. We’re forced to secondary sort out the amazon so we hold some of that volume to a later shift.

Does anyone know if one day shipping is one day to get it shipped out? Or is it from warehouse to your home in one day? We can’t really match that demand.

Amazon is pushing us to the brink of collapse. Half of our equipment is old and just crapping out. That’s amazons plan though. Use and abuse us until they’re up and running. Yet we continue to give them volume discounts that aren’t really helping us. We haven’t had a new tug in 15 years.

Last edited:

DeliveryMachine

If I had to estimate, some of our destinations are 80% Amazon. If we lose them, I’d say we lose 80% of our workforce.

We haven’t really seen a drop in packages either. We’re at peak volume already. None of these packages are two day either. We’re forced to secondary sort out the amazon so we hold some of that volume to a later shift.

Does anyone know if one day shipping is one day to get it shipped out? Or is it from warehouse to your home in one day? We can’t really match that demand.
Yeah if we lose Amazon we will definitely lose 80% of our workforce for sure. I’d say in a few months they will fire anyone with less than 25 years of service. Probably shut down all but 1-2 buildings in every state. You hit the nail on the head with that accurate prediction

Gipsee

This also impacts Supply Chain Solutions. When they first came on the scene, they weren’t even allowed to use the logo and were known as “Worldwide Logistics”. They put warehouses up everywhere and held products for Tmobile, Adidas, Nokia etc. When you ordered a product on the internet back then, they would ship it from the warehouse closest to you and that defrayed shipping costs. Amazon stole the model and are strategically stealing the shipping by having people become small business owners, purchasing Amazon trucks etc. and doing their own shipping. It’s only a matter of time until your clients will shrink forcing the shrinkage of the workforce. That’s what Transformation is, trying to do more with less.

Former SCS

Gipsee

Amazon is pushing us to the brink of collapse. Half of our equipment is old and just crapping out. That’s amazons plan though. Use and abuse us until they’re up and running. Yet we continue to give them volume discounts that aren’t really helping us. We haven’t had a new tug in 15 years.

Typically, one day shipping is from warehouse to door. If I order it today before 8 pm it should be here tomorrow by end of day. Thus the strategy of having the same product in multiple warehouse locations throughout the country.

MKJ

From delivery center I work at for Amazon, one DSP out as of tomorrow, others seeing more $ going out,then in during this their first few months, with $10k out for damages to vans by drivers, and flex driver routes not all being picked up. shipping avg 45k pkgs a day for past month. Same day shipping going out through Amazon Flex drivers

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
From delivery center I work at for Amazon, one DSP out as of tomorrow, others seeing more $ going out,then in during this their first few months, with $10k out for damages to vans by drivers, and flex driver routes not all being picked up. shipping avg 45k pkgs a day for past month. Same day shipping going out through Amazon Flex drivers

I had a stroke after reading this gibberish.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

@Wally can you translate this?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Wally can you translate this?
And now a Wallation... (®Wally)

My friends,

As an Amazon employee in a distribution center, let me offer some inside perspective as it relates to UPS.

Our independent contractors are not earning as projected. One is walking away as of tomorrow. These small business owners are bleeding money, incurring large losses for vehicle damages.

There are many service failures as well, with some routes missing pickups repeatedly. Our routes are dispatched with only an average 45 stops daily.

Gipsee

And now a Wallation... (®Wally)

My friends,

As an Amazon employee in a distribution center, let me offer some inside perspective as it relates to UPS.

Our independent contractors are not earning as projected. One is walking away as of tomorrow. These small business owners are bleeding money, incurring large losses for vehicle damages.

There are many service failures as well, with some routes missing pickups repeatedly. Our routes are dispatched with only an average 45 stops daily.

Further translation

They suck at trying to do the job UPS spent years perfecting. umm ok got it. :thumbup1:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Yeah if we lose Amazon we will definitely lose 80% of our workforce for sure.

From these statements, I suspect that both of you went through common core math.

Depending on which numbers you believe, Amazon is 8-10% of our volume.

So, losing 10% of our volume equates to losing 80% of our workforce?

That's common core for you....2+2=5