Anyone have any information or interview tips?

MAYBEME

I was called for an interview at the Greensboro NC Hub. I will be interviewing for the automotive mechanic job next week. Just interested to see if any of you guys have any suggestions or warnings for me. Thanks in advance. And by the way NICE SITE.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
First, welcome to the site. Actually, its a play pen, and we youngsters romp at will, until mamma or one of the sitters walk in.........

I would suggest the following

Dont have your O-bit in the paper BEFORE you walk in. UPS has hired some employees that appear to be dead, but it is less and less likely now.

Show up sober. I know, for the "normal" person, this needs not to be said, but you never know.

Dont have drugs on your body at the interview. Again, we get all kinds.

Have a relatively clean criminal record. IT helps.

Take a shower at least the day or two before you show.

Clean shaven helps

Clean clothes as well.

IF applying for an automotive job, it helps to know the following

What a battery looks like. Where you would find a wheel nut. The difference between a wrench and socket. The difference between a steering wheel and a 5th wheel. Everything else, we can work with you on.

And that pretty much covers it. If you can make it into the room under your own power, not let your face hit the floor, and leave under your own power, I dont see a problem.

Best of luck.

d

curiousbrain

[...]If you can make it into the room under your own power, not let your face hit the floor, and leave under your own power, I dont see a problem. [...]

This guy almost makes the cut.

[video=youtube;e70zpdamLvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e70zpdamLvY[/video]

MAYBEME

Thanks for the input. menotyou....If I get the job, I would walk out and inspect your truck with/for you before you leave so you won't see the rusted frame rails. And give you about 20 min to get out of the gate.. brownbaggin.... How did you get that video of me? I am better now I promise.. dannyboy....Thanks, I am guessing it's not a routine interview that they would read you a standard list of questions.Or give you a standard test. Guess it just depends alot on the moods of the managers or whoever you interview with...anonymous.... I thought about that but then sat down until that thought went away. Good idea though. If I didn't actually need the job I would video it for ya.. I'm sure it would be a short but funny show.. THANKS

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
for you before you leave so you won't see the rusted frame rails.
Yeah, a bit of bondo and paint, and the problem ceases to exist......You will fit right in.

Good luck, all kidding asside.

d