Anyone here ever work for Amazon or know someone that did?

Ackerlin

Applied for Amazon back when I was PT with UPS, worst job I've ever worked, it is nothing like UPS package Handler. They put all the fresh meat at stowing, they walk around with containers packed with small items and put them at your designated station, you take the items from the bin, scan them and place them in a designated pouch of a cubbie. Seems easy until you realize it's Amazon and every cubbie the robots bring to you is already jam packed with :censored2:.

And good luck sneaking away to go to the bathroom, you'll get written up. You 2 scans per hour behind the average? Written up. You get watched 24/7, everything you do is tracked and no protection from management whatsoever.

They want you stowing 250 items an hour....

BrownSnowFlake

How many non-managers at Amazon get to have a say in the company's operations?
Idk what your building is like but around here I don't think even the management has much autonomy. They just regurgitate directives from the Illuminati or reptilians or whoever is actually behind the curtain, pulling the strings.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Applied for Amazon back when I was PT with UPS, worst job I've ever worked, it is nothing like UPS package Handler. They put all the fresh meat at stowing, they walk around with containers packed with small items and put them at your designated station, you take the items from the bin, scan them and place them in a designated pouch of a cubbie. Seems easy until you realize it's Amazon and every cubbie the robots bring to you is already jam packed with :censored2:.

And good luck sneaking away to go to the bathroom, you'll get written up. You 2 scans per hour behind the average? Written up. You get watched 24/7, everything you do is tracked and no protection from management whatsoever.

A RPCD buddy of mine’s wife got on as a amazon driver last peak and has kept the job, boy is it a sh** show operation; the stories she tells us are ridiculous. Drive all the way to the station, wait an hour, get sent home with show up pay.
20 minutes later get the call that your show up pay will not happen and you need to come do a 4 hour block to get paid for the day
3 day schedule on week and the next they ask her for 7 WORK DAYS 😂
But there’s so much turnover that even though she stands up to them they literally can’t fire her.
Makes me feel lucky to be a teamster, even though no camp seems to be without it’s own corruption these days

542thruNthru

A RPCD buddy of mine’s wife got on as a amazon driver last peak and has kept the job, boy is it a sh** show operation; the stories she tells us are ridiculous. Drive all the way to the station, wait an hour, get sent home with show up pay.
20 minutes later get the call that your show up pay will not happen and you need to come do a 4 hour block to get paid for the day
3 day schedule on week and the next they ask her for 7 WORK DAYS 😂
But there’s so much turnover that even though she stands up to them they literally can’t fire her.
Makes me feel lucky to be a teamster, even though no camp seems to be without it’s own corruption these days
All this and still people will say the union does nothing for them and amazon pays more starting and blah blah blah.

542thruNthru

If all people were big picture people Amazon wouldn't be able to hire anyone.
Absolutely but you would think the people that actually work here and see what Amazon workers have to go through would understand. Do PTers need to be paid more per hour. Yes but to try and say Amazon is better or McDonald's is better It's just ludicrous to me.

542thruNthru

What do you think a part-time or should make here?
I think wages should no longer be national. It's creating too many issues. If UPS wants to make so many positions PT than they need to make a progression like every other job at UPS with a top rate. . Starting at 15 and ending somewhere in the high 20s.

Taking 5 years to go up $4 and change is ridiculous.

I think wages should no longer be national. It's creating too many issues. If UPS wants to make so many positions PT than they need to make a progression like every other job at UPS with a top rate. . Starting at 15 and ending somewhere in the high 20s.

Taking 5 years to go up $4 and change is ridiculous.
Then part-timers we making more than full-time 22-4 drivers in progression

542thruNthru

Then part-timers we making more than full-time 22-4 drivers in progression
Yeah so? They get 8 hours or more and after 4 years they'll be in the 30s along with a FT pension. They'll make much more that a PTer doing 4-5 hours a day.

PT means hours not low wages to work. Companies have just made it that way throughout the years.

Yeah so? They get 8 hours or more and after 4 years they'll be in the 30s along with a FT pension. They'll make much more that a PTer doing 4-5 hours a day.

PT means hours not low wages to work. Companies have just made it that way throughout the years.
I agree the part-timers need to make more money but if you make the wages too close you will never get anyone to go out driving

542thruNthru

I agree the part-timers need to make more money but if you make the wages too close you will never get anyone to go out driving
Granted it's a difficult equation to solve. Especially with so many different positions and pay. Either way UPS is going to run into some issues. Especially since they already can't find people that want to drive lol.

Granted it's a difficult equation to solve. Especially with so many different positions and pay. Either way UPS is going to run into some issues. Especially since they already can't find people that want to drive lol.
I see more people quit hearing last 5 years than my entire career and not every one of them was a six month employee