Anyone jumping ship?

Dex8

10yr employee here. I'm applying for jobs every week now. I know of a few others in the same boat. this new pay plan is a huge slap in the face to anyone who has been around and gotten the company thru the recession. they have never done the right thing and this is just the latest example.

Serf

I suppose having 3 years in, this is good timing for me to get to the top. However, whatever express giveth, it taketh away somewhere else. Kudos to those who make it to the top inside of a decade. To those already here for 5-10 years, sincere apologies.

fdxsux

If you think you or anyone else is topping out in a decade you are kidding yourself. There is no way this pay structure lasts that long and if it does it will be suspended for half those years because of a soft economy or some new government regulation. FedEx is just trying to give new hires some hope so they will stick around a little longer. Unfortunately at FedEx hope only leads to disappointment.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you think you or anyone else is topping out in a decade you are kidding yourself. There is no way this pay structure lasts that long and if it does it will be suspended for half those years because of a soft economy or some new government regulation. FedEx is just trying to give new hires some hope so they will stick around a little longer. Unfortunately at FedEx hope only leads to disappointment.

Yep. Yet another carrot being dangled on front of the peons.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Rebellion? Rebellion does not involve whining on an anonymous Internet forum. Real rebellion would involve a nationwide organizing event.
Hey, thank you for your "expert" opinion. Show me an example of how rebellious you are. And no, kissing Ground's butt don't count.

l22

"Hey, who even cares? It's such a small amount that you might get a tank of gas and lunch with your Pathetic Purple Payout. It's an effing insult." - 6/19/15

"If you do get it, it will be enough to buy a luxurious Big Mac lunch." - 1/20/15

"I just got my "Frontline Performance Pay" statement, a whopping 0.75% payout, since I'm a 7.0 employee. Translation---$204 and change. WOW!! That is life-changing money and I truly feel appreciated for my efforts. Maybe I can afford to take my family out to McDonald's to celebrate." 1/9/10

I'd rather have the 6% raise. You can stick with the 3% raise and the FPP that you hate. Cheers, liar!

and absolutely none of that blame falls on those poor, poor workers who just can't seem to organize. ;)

Grats on what you got. Sorry if you don't like it. Write a check for the difference to your local soup kitchen if you feel that strongly about it.
o_O

Dano and CJinx - how brainwashed are you guys? I guess we all already know the answer to that, but still lol? Have you guys ever asked yourselves that question? You guys drink more kool-aid than Jonestown

l22

After the announcement of these new raises there have already been a couple of guys at my station jump ship. I don't blame them at all, it's a pretty big slap in the face to have worked here for 7+ years to only find out I'm getting a 90 cent raise in my market and add that to no more frontline bonuses. What's even better is more people are planning on leaving and quite a few old timers are planning on retiring in the next 3 months, which will leave us with a TON of new hires for peak this year. Management at my station is so incapable of making the sort run on a slow day in July, I can't even imagine how peak will go this year. They burn through the "draft" list so fast I'm getting forced every saturday. I have dusted off my resume and have begun to apply at different places, even if I end up making the same amount as I am now, I will be much happier to have left this dead end job. I hope there are more 5-10 year employees who are starting realize how this company operates and decide to hit the road. I don't understand how a company can continually disappoint the people who make this place run, pack your bags everyone, time to go! Good luck!

If they take away our health insurance, I'll definitely jump ship. I know it's not that good, but it's still something. I need to become a handler so I can just get in and get out. They can cancel my 17.5, I don't care. With this company, I just want the "benefits."

SmithBarney

Hello, Dave. Anyone home in there? We can't organize. That's why we need to rebel.

Actually I heard someone put Authorization cards all over the parking lots at our ramp...
maybe it's time to act... or at least throw a bunch of these cards out there, and see what happens. Have fun! And since the parking lots are owned by the airport authority, union "activity" is permitted.

MAKAVELI

Actually I heard someone put Authorization cards all over the parking lots at our ramp... The
maybe it's time to act... or at least throw a bunch of these cards out there, and see what happens. Have fun! And since the parking lots are owned by the airport authority, union "activity" is permitted.
All union activity is permitted. So long as you are doing it off clock.

CJinx

Hello, Dave. Anyone home in there? We can't organize. That's why we need to rebel.
No, no. We've been over this before. You can organize, it's a lot of hard work with significant risk so you just won't. You want someone else to do the heavy lifting and pave the way for you while you reap the rewards.
Dano and CJinx - how brainwashed are you guys? I guess we all already know the answer to that, but still lol? Have you guys ever asked yourselves that question? You guys drink more kool-aid than Jonestown
Der,der koolaid. No. It's just fun to goof on people here who talk a big game, but when push comes to shove, will just keep on trucking and hating their jobs. I for one am happy with my compensation and the fact that the company is funding most of my education costs.

MAKAVELI

No, no. We've been over this before. You can organize, it's a lot of hard work with significant risk so you just won't. You want someone else to do the heavy lifting and pave the way for you while you reap the rewards.
Der,der koolaid. No. It's just fun to goof on people here who talk a big game, but when push comes to shove, will just keep on trucking and hating their jobs. I for one am happy with my compensation and the fact that the company is funding most of my education costs.
Just how much are those costs that the company is funding?

MassWineGuy

For me, a 6 percent raise will be about $1 an hour more. After one year, I'm ok with it. But I share the anger of veterans getting just 3 percent. Makes no sense. They should be getting as much as or more than me.

I'm interested in seeing how the proposed step increase system will go.