Anyone jumping ship?

CJinx

Just how much are those costs that the company is funding?
Let's just say that I'll be finishing school with a doctorate and no debt at all.
Is Craftsman stamped on your forehead, or is it Snap-On? Glad you're happy as a tool.
We're all tools. I'm just a tool that can see the whole machine for what it is and work the system to get what I want. Can you say the same?
None of your business.
We both know you aren't going to do anything. The most rebellious thing you're capable of is running your mouth anonymously on an online forum.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We both know you aren't going to do anything. The most rebellious thing you're capable of is running your mouth anonymously on an online forum.
"None of your business" applies to you as well. You don't know what I do or don't do outside of this forum. Sometimes I get the impression you and 59 Dano are the same person. Or should I say the same shill.

DontThrowPackages

"Hey, who even cares? It's such a small amount that you might get a tank of gas and lunch with your Pathetic Purple Payout. It's an effing insult." - 6/19/15

"If you do get it, it will be enough to buy a luxurious Big Mac lunch." - 1/20/15

"I just got my "Frontline Performance Pay" statement, a whopping 0.75% payout, since I'm a 7.0 employee. Translation---$204 and change. WOW!! That is life-changing money and I truly feel appreciated for my efforts. Maybe I can afford to take my family out to McDonald's to celebrate." 1/9/10

I'd rather have the 6% raise. You can stick with the 3% raise and the FPP that you hate. Cheers, liar!
This is what happens when a Corporation pays a person to monitor a internet forum for a living. Nobody with a life would go that far back in history to quote's past entries. If we didn't know, we now know. ..WOW.

SDRSTICKER

Let's just say that I'll be finishing school with a doctorate and no debt at all.

Is that a joke?! I go to a community college and am almost finished with my degree and FedEx BARELY pays for the cost of a community college. So, you are gonna sit here and tell me your salary + tuition reimbursement has paid for your ENTIRE doctorate degree?! your are completely full of :censored2:, nothing you say from now on holds any merit in this discussion board. Good day to you.

STFXG

They pay a lot more if you're in management.
They really won't hire you in to management without a 4 year degree. Not getting above a check in clerk or qa without one. Generally won't even hire a sort manager without a degree.

But if she's already got the bachelors degree and is working on a masters or doctorate, and in management, then I don't know.

She also didn't say fedex is paying for it all... Just that she will graduate without debt.

BTW good for you CJinx. I would like to get my masters if i can ever find the time to do it.

Purplepackage

They really won't hire you in to management without a 4 year degree. Not getting above a check in clerk or qa without one. Generally won't even hire a sort manager without a degree.

But if she's already got the bachelors degree and is working on a masters or doctorate, and in management, then I don't know.

She also didn't say fedex is paying for it all... Just that she will graduate without debt.

BTW good for you CJinx. I would like to get my masters if i can ever find the time to do it.

Express hires plenty of managers without a 4 year degree, because frankly the only way to be a manager in this company is to have done the job

Serf

Express hires plenty of managers without a 4 year degree, because frankly the only way to be a manager in this company is to have done the job
I work at a larger station with lots of seniority. Every manager was a courier first, some even were Seniors that were forced to step down. Either way, to the best of my knowledge none has a bachelor's or master's degree. And frankly, they are average at best at logistics and transportation. But I suppose it helps if you were already inside with the company.

STFXG

The rule used to be that for every 2 years worked at Ground counted as 1 year of higher education. So you would have to be there 8 years to move in to management. They got rid of that rule and were requiring a 4 year degree the last I knew. CJinx would know what's going on now better than I would.

Purplepackage

I work at a larger station with lots of seniority. Every manager was a courier first, some even were Seniors that were forced to step down. Either way, to the best of my knowledge none has a bachelor's or master's degree. And frankly, they are average at best at logistics and transportation. But I suppose it helps if you were already inside with the company.

To be an ops manager all you have to know is how to make people work faster and harass them into doing it. Oh and know how to collect that fat check every week.

You can move up Lightning fast at express with no education all you have to do is be willing to relocate anywhere that there is a position

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Myself and my 4 degrees will keep quiet about this.

But having said that, I will be acquiring a 5th and FedEx has absolutely, positively nothing to do with any of them.

But yes, you supposedly one can make twice in reimbursement as a manager than a handler, but like I said...FedEx never helped me with any of my degrees. And I aim to keep it that way.

overflowed

The rule used to be that for every 2 years worked at Ground counted as 1 year of higher education. So you would have to be there 8 years to move in to management. They got rid of that rule and were requiring a 4 year degree the last I knew. CJinx would know what's going on now better than I would.

No she wouldn't.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To be an ops manager all you have to know is how to make people work faster and harass them into doing it. Oh g on the and know how to collect that fat check every week.

You can move up Lightning fast at express with no education all you have to do is be willing to relocate anywhere that there is a position

The key to moving-up at FedEx is your willingness to be like an MT3 or Glenn Corbin, which is a mercenary willing to do or say anything that promotes the company or supports the FedEx line of BS.

You need to make outlandish demands on hourlies that make you look good to upper management, and never say anything but "yes" to a proposed idea, even if it's as stupid as a scheme to sell ice to Eskimos. DRA immediately comes to mind.

These two have zero conscience, and would gladly step over their own collapsed mother if it meant climbing another rung on the corporate ladder.

Doing the "right thing" means always defending FedEx, even if they were using liquified children as fuel for their jets and vehicles.

Dead serious.

Last edited:

BigTex61

The key to moving-up at FedEx is your willingness to be like an MT3 or Glenn Corbin, which is a mercenary willing to do or say anything that promotes the company or supports the FedEx line of BS.

You need to make outlandish demands on hourlies that make you look good to upper management, and never say anything but "yes" to a proposed idea, even if it's as stupid as a scheme to sell ice to Eskimos. DRA immediately comes to mind.

These two have zero conscience, and would gladly step over their own collapsed mother if it meant climbing another rung on the corporate ladder.

Doing the "right thing" means always defending FedEx, even if they were using liquefied children as fuel for their jets and vehicles.

Dead serious.
"Liquified children" now that's funny! But true.

CJinx

Do you really think we are to believe FedEx has paid for your entire education?
Between tuition reimbursement and salary, yes. Not to say I don't have debt right now; but it will be paid in full before you start calling me "Doctor".;)
That's not necessarily true. While higher education is strongly recommended, it isn't required. First hand knowledge, knowing the right people, and giving a kickass interview can overcome not having a decree... However, if you're up against multiple people who do have those credentials, you might not even make it to the interview.

BTW; I am not in management. The pay bump would be nice but I'd end up slowing down in school.
A college degree means nothing anymore.
If you had one and parlayed it to be more than a truck driver for multiple decades, you might think differently. :mellow:
Doing the "right thing" means always defending FedEx, even if they were using liquified children as fuel for their jets and vehicles.
Even if they bought that fuel from Planned Parenthood??:sick: