Anyone jumping ship?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For me, a 6 percent raise will be about $1 an hour more. After one year, I'm ok with it. But I share the anger of veterans getting just 3 percent. Makes no sense. They should be getting as much as or more than me.

I'm interested in seeing how the proposed step increase system will go.

You're new, and still pretty green about the way FedEx works. Any gains you make will be reduced or eliminated by takeaways elsewhere.

SOP at Express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, no. We've been over this before. You can organize, it's a lot of hard work with significant risk so you just won't. You want someone else to do the heavy lifting and pave the way for you while you reap the rewards.
Der,der koolaid. No. It's just fun to goof on people here who talk a big game, but when push comes to shove, will just keep on trucking and hating their jobs. I for one am happy with my compensation and the fact that the company is funding most of my education costs.

Is Craftsman stamped on your forehead, or is it Snap-On? Glad you're happy as a tool.

Whats in the Box

I had a non-productive argument with a topped-out employee yesterday and him telling me that he is more "valuable" and is "entitled" to having the 6% like the rest of us. I blew my top and countered him that we are all dispensable and his "entitlements" are a Grimm fairytale. Like most of us mid-range minions, we end up doing all the stops that the noobs and topped-outs can't or won't do.

I don't feel expected to get any type of raise every year, though having a 6% raise is nice.

Last edited:

dezguy

I had a non-productive argument with a topped-out employee yesterday and him telling me that he is more "valuable" and is "entitled" to having the 6% like the rest of us. I blew my top and countered him that we are all dispensable and his "entitlements" are a Grimm fairytale. Like most of us mid-range minions, we end up doing all the stops that the noobs and topped-outs can't or won't do.

I don't feel expected to get any type of raise every year, though having a 6% raise is nice.
We all do the same job, whether you're new, midrange or a topped out employee. We should all make the same amount. I can see a period of 3-4 years to get to top rate but 10 is stupidity.

The company continues it's divide an conquer techniques. Turn the employees against each other and you'll never see a union at this place. Unfortunately, most people just don't get it.

Jayhawk

We all do the same job, whether you're new, midrange or a topped out employee. We should all make the same amount. I can see a period of 3-4 years to get to top rate but 10 is stupidity.

The company continues it's divide an conquer techniques. Turn the employees against each other and you'll never see a union at this place. Unfortunately, most people just don't get it.
We all do have basically the same job but how each of us perform is another matter. I disagree that we all should be paid the same. I think it's absolutely comical that there are topped out couriers thinking they should get a 6% raise also. I've been at Fedex almost 13 years and this is the first time in 8 or 9 years that the gap between top of range and me hasn't increased. The top of range employees have always had it better. Not because they have earned it but because they were fortunate to be hired when they were.

dezguy

We all do have basically the same job but how each of us perform is another matter. I disagree that we all should be paid the same. I think it's absolutely comical that there are topped out couriers thinking they should get a 6% raise also. I've been at Fedex almost 13 years and this is the first time in 8 or 9 years that the gap between top of range and me hasn't increased. The top of range employees have always had it better. Not because they have earned it but because they were fortunate to be hired when they were.
Hey, I don't like it any more than you do and it annoys me to no end when a topped out employee goes off because you complained about wages and their response is you have to put in your time like they did. It isn't fair they got to top out in 14 months while there are those of us who have put in more than a decade and haven't even sniffed top out but this is exactly what FedEx wants.

FedEx has purposely created a tiered wage system, not only to keep costs down but to divide the workforce. How can we be expected to organize when we're fighting amongst each other about who deserves what? The fact is, we do do the same job. I don't care about how the guy or gal beside me perform, it's none of my business. I come to work to do my route, not worry about what so and so on route 999 is doing.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hey, here you are, right on cue. I'll believe any raise when I see it on my check, and there will be a whole bunch of conditions and exceptions so most people never see that much. Care to disagree, tool?

As usual, you're trying to deflect from the fact that there is never anything given without an accompanying takeaway. While I agree it's a piddling amount, the very fact that they took it speaks volumes about how effing cheap they are.

They're ending an annual bonus that's worth a couple hundred bucks or so and replacing it with a raise that's worth ten times that amount.

Oh, the horror. Do you understand math?

59 Dano

Dano's participation in this thread comes as no surprise. Everytime they screw the employees and there's rebellion here comes the shill right on cue.

If you would rather have a 3% raise and keep your FPP, contact HR. Maybe they can protect you from having to suffer through a 6% raise.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you would rather have a 3% raise and keep your FPP, contact HR. Maybe they can protect you from having to suffer through a 6% raise.
Nice try at muddying the waters once again. Typical ill-approach that Memphis tells you to use. They say "jump Dano" and you say "how high?"

59 Dano

Dano and CJinx - how brainwashed are you guys? I guess we all already know the answer to that, but still lol? Have you guys ever asked yourselves that question? You guys drink more kool-aid than Jonestown

I've stated plenty of times that the pay at Express sucks. It's not a very well-kept secret.

Here's how the new plan breaks down numerically. Take a courier who makes $40,000 a year after OT, holidays, MAP... His most recent FPP was less than $250 and a 3% raise would give him another $1200. That would give him an increase of around $1450 for the upcoming year.

With a 6% raise and no FPP, the same courier would get an increase of $2400 for the upcoming year.

Where I come from, $2400 is more than $1450, and part of that $1450 (the FPP) isn't guaranteed. I've looooong advocated for an extra percent in pay increases instead of FPP, but then I know how to work a calculator.

59 Dano

For me, a 6 percent raise will be about $1 an hour more. After one year, I'm ok with it. But I share the anger of veterans getting just 3 percent. Makes no sense. They should be getting as much as or more than me.

Don't worry about them. They got theirs, and that's all they cared about as their performance slowly declined.

59 Dano

Yeah, they like to tell you how valuable they are right after they blab on and on about how they shouldn't have to do what everyone else does. There is an attitude among lots of those guys.

Rhoderunner

Where I come from, $2400 is more than $1450, and part of that $1450 (the FPP) isn't guaranteed. I've looooong advocated for an extra percent in pay increases instead of FPP, but then I know how to work a calculator.

As has been mentioned the true measure of this will come in October when FedEx starts providing medical coverage numbers for next year. Just a guess here but maybe a increase in out of pocket costs of, oh I don't know, $2400. No, probably more. Yeah it's a raise but why does it always feel like you're still not getting ahead.

Artee

As has been mentioned the true measure of this will come in October when FedEx starts providing medical coverage numbers for next year. Just a guess here but maybe a increase in out of pocket costs of, oh I don't know, $2400. No, probably more. Yeah it's a raise but why does it always feel like you're still not getting ahead.

Don't any of you guys listen? Its been stated here and also by FedEx the medical and generic prescriptions and not going to be increased for 2016. Now whether or not the coverage goes down because we are paying the same amount has yet to be seen.

El Morado Diablo

I've stated plenty of times that the pay at Express sucks. It's not a very well-kept secret.

Here's how the new plan breaks down numerically. Take a courier who makes $40,000 a year after OT, holidays, MAP... His most recent FPP was less than $250 and a 3% raise would give him another $1200. That would give him an increase of around $1450 for the upcoming year.

With a 6% raise and no FPP, the same courier would get an increase of $2400 for the upcoming year.

The real problem with this type of math is that you are assuming that hourly employees are working 40+ hours a week all year long (yes, I know, FT is only guaranteed 35 hrs/wk). When salaried personnel get a raise, whether it be 3% or 6%, they will see an increase in their year-over-year pay. The hourly employee has no such guarantee because management is always fooling around with start times, cutting overtime, demanding long (unpaid) breaks, eliminated every type of additional pay there is (split shift, shift differential pay, etc). If your assumptions were valid I should be making $1000's of dollars more now than I was 5 years ago.

I think it's a joke that management has decided that they need to end the FPP in order to afford a raise for the the mid-range employees. They are the ones who engineered the pay injustice in the first place. I didn't hear any mention of management giving up their bonuses in order to fix things for the very employees that make those bonuses possible. One of the biggest problems with this company is the attitude management has that they are the "real FedExer's" and without them this company would fall apart. I've got news for them. If none of them showed up for work the job would still get done. If none of the hourlies show up for work the company is done. It would be nice if management had some real perspective when it comes to the roles we all play to make this a successful business.