Anyone out there drawing a monthly stipend from their Teamster/UPS 401K?

The purpose of these accounts is to take money out and use it. I don't want to live like a pauper so my kids can be rich someday.
I agree with you. But you don't want to burn it up too soon. What happens if you pass away before your wife does? Are you taking the 100% survivor option on your pension?
What happens if your pension gets cut?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I agree with you. But you don't want to burn it up too soon. What happens if you pass away before your wife does? Are you taking the 100% survivor option on your pension?
What happens if your pension gets cut?
My goal is to take out money at a clip that doesn't shrink the principal over time. We have a sizable nest egg of many hundreds of dollars. We are looking at pension options but are leaning towards taking the full amount and she gets half when I croak.

My goal is to take out money at a clip that doesn't shrink the principal over time. We have a sizable nest egg of many hundreds of dollars. We are looking at pension options but are leaning towards taking the full amount and she gets half when I croak.
They say 4% withdrawal is about the max if you still want a little growth. So you would need at least 600k to withdraw 2k a month.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They say 4% withdrawal is about the max if you still want a little growth. So you would need at least 600k to withdraw 2k a month.
Depends a lot on his risky you're willing to be. And if the market tanks an individual can choose to take out less so they don't destroy their savings.

This is why pensions take such a huge hit during market downturns.

oldupsman

I'm a little confused there. You said taking the full amount and she gets half when you pass. If you take the full amount,
she won't get half.