Anyone out there drawing a monthly stipend from their Teamster/UPS 401K?

IESucks

Been looking at pulling some cash from 401k, (although I'm retired and older than 59.5)looks like it can all be done online thru prudential website. Been told it usually takes a week to 10 days to get the money deposited in bank, you may have to call the 800 number the first time you pull money out to verify some things.
Must call and they don't deposit into account. They send you a paper check less 20% in taxes

IESucks

Still looking for someone actually drawing a monthly check for the intended purpose of retirement income.
Here I am. Retired at 57 . The 55 and up rule means no penalty from withdrawals before 59 1/2 if you leave the company at 55 and up. Very helpful and nice to deal with.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you can go on the ss website for benefits estimator to find out your difference between 62-65-67-70 etc. it's quite a bit difference as each year you wait is a 8% increase. this has been discussed here many times.

we decided on age 62 since it takes about 18 years before you start losing money.

You are correct in that age 80 is about where you break even.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you hit your 60's your number could be called at anytime. Why live for tomorrow when you don't know if you'll even be around?

There are no guarantees in life.

My financial adviser and I have both agreed that we will wait until I am 67 to start drawing. I am actually hoping to be able to delay that until I turn 70.