Anyone out there drawing a monthly stipend from their Teamster/UPS 401K?

DorkHead

That sad that you don't feel you have raised your kids better than to think the money will ruin them.

Money can change anyone. My wife`s brothers and sister were brought up right in a loving Catholic home. They never were in trouble with the law and gave their time and energy to many causes. When their mother died, the one bother was like a vulture and then the sister turned. I saw first hand how greed changed these people and how it hurt my wife. Their relationships with each other has changed forever.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Did you take as early??? What’s the monthly difference between taking it early and waiting til 70 1/2????
you can go on the ss website for benefits estimator to find out your difference between 62-65-67-70 etc. it's quite a bit difference as each year you wait is a 8% increase. this has been discussed here many times.

we decided on age 62 since it takes about 18 years before you start losing money.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you can go on the ss website for benefits estimator to find out your difference between 62-65-67-70 etc. it's quite a bit difference as each year you wait is a 8% increase. this has been discussed here many times.

we decided on age 62 since it takes about 18 years before you start losing money.
we can invest our SS and maybe make more than 8% and if we need the money in an emergency we can get to it.

Shiftless

I'm with Rod!

Let those who take the position of waiting to enjoy the SS benefits when they reach the age of 70 sounds GREAT to me! Matter of fact, spread the word as much as possible.

Man ya gotta love choices! America is GREAT!

oldupsman

I waited until 65 for one simple reason. I figured since I was already paying for my health care for UPS
I could wait until 65 when my Medicare kicked in. Then I started collecting so they could take my Medicare
out of my SS check. It was a nice little bump waiting for those 3 years.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I waited until 65 for one simple reason. I figured since I was already paying for my health care for UPS
I could wait until 65 when my Medicare kicked in. Then I started collecting so they could take my Medicare
out of my SS check. It was a nice little bump waiting for those 3 years.
that sounds like a good idea. i applied yesterday for ss at age 62. wonder if i can cancel my app.