E

el blanco

top end of the real estate market in Ashville, not too shabby

upload_2017-12-8_16-5-25.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Box Ox

Also, does anyone live there that knows what the employment situation is like in general? Obviously I would need a full time job while I work pt at UPS, but I’ve heard mixed things about North Carolina.

Not much available outside of retail and tourism-connected jobs. And when there is something, it tends to pay a lot less than a similar position elsewhere. Residents tend to be retired, a UNCA student, a lucky well-paid professional, or working multiple part time jobs to be able to afford living there.

Browndoesntfrown

Sorry for bringing this thread back, but I have the same question as the OP.

I’m currently a driver helper and I’ve decided I want to pursue being a driver. I’d like to transfer to the area that I really want to live before truly starting with UPS, which is probably near Asheville, NC. Is there any way for me to find out the UPS job prospects in that area?

Also, does anyone live there that knows what the employment situation is like in general? Obviously I would need a full time job while I work pt at UPS, but I’ve heard mixed things about North Carolina.

Just moved here from Wilmington, NC & what Box Ox said is entirely true. I was working at a hotel downtown (yes I have a college degree and couldn't find a job here) then left the hotel and am driving as a seasonal for the Asheville hub now. Snow messed us UP today lol...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not much available outside of retail and tourism-connected jobs. And when there is something, it tends to pay a lot less than a similar position elsewhere. Residents tend to be retired, a UNCA student, a lucky well-paid professional, or working multiple part time jobs to be able to afford living there.
More expensive than the west coast???