Apartment DRs

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Apparently we can now DR apartments in my district. We had a training video on it a couple weeks ago.
Just curious if this is company wide or just for certain districts/divisions.

Griff

We DR everything under the sun in Metro Philly. If it doesn't say "sig required" it is off the truck that day.

They start restricting DR's if they get a ton of claims in a complex though.

Overpaid Union Thug

Apartment DRs? That would be awesome. Apartments are one of the things I hate about delivering. That and people not having their CODs ready, or at all, are what make my blood boil everyday. If we could DR apartments then that would take away 50% of my frustration everyday. The question I have is....would claims sky rocket?

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
Secured entrance apartments is what can be DR'd. So just push buttons until someone lets you in the building and DR away assuming you have had the PCM and training for the new DR rules. If you haven't had it ask the manager. Its been out for a couple months.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Secured entrance apartments is what can be DR'd. So just push buttons until someone lets you in the building and DR away assuming you have had the PCM and training for the new DR rules. If you haven't had it ask the manager. Its been out for a couple months.

Thats what I was told too. If there is a "Security Gate" where you have to have a code to get in, then it is okay to DR. I run into this problem every once in a while. I run EAMs before my reguar route. If I pull up to a gated Apt. complex and there is no phone number on the label or they don't answer the Call Box, then its "NI 1". The Office is closed at 7 AM.:bored:

SmithBarney

Don't forget you may be held financially responsible for any pkg. you DR

Not really true... if you have been trained to DR(which recently the restrictions have changed) then you are working as directed...

Although the verbage on the sheet of paper we got was very vague..
I asked for clarification, but got none.

outta hours

Although the verbage on the sheet of paper we got was very vague..
I asked for clarification, but got none.[/quote]

No suprise there. That way when the digital camera in the plain brown box from Buynow.com comes up missing your feet will be held to the fire for DR'ing an electronic item.UPS will gladly use a payroll deduction for you to pay it back. There is a reason all the stuff they want you to sign off on is vague. That way they can use the language to THIER advantage when they need to. DO NOT SIGN any additional documents unless they are DOT required. All items that need to be covered are in the Teamsters Master Agreement. UPS cannot make you sign all that other stuff. I never do.

A

Anon

Apparently we can now DR apartments in my district. We had a training video on it a couple weeks ago.
Just curious if this is company wide or just for certain districts/divisions.
Do you mean shipper release packages or all packages?

DS

Fenderbender
I had a delivery for an apartment Friday and there was a box at the door I was delivering to from the shopping channel sent by post.
In my area this could be iffy.I would not do it .Too many crackheads,
and n`er do wellers to take the chance.
Some places it could be helpful like seniors apartments

Griff

That's odd, my board always has the DR release thing pop up for all my apartments. I was told by my oncar to bring the truck back empty on my route, he said they'll make adjustments if the claims start pouring in and I've yet to hear anything.

I have 1 secured apartment building but the other 2 are not.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
haha "crackheads". You have them up there too. How about methheads. That seems to be the drug of choice for many of americas finest these days!!