APAW vs IBT

sawdusttv

Only our of your shear ignorance of the situation.

Brett, call it what you will, but we all know you very well. You are a slave to the machine, incapable of free thought or free will. Some people are lost souls, born followers, such as yourself, that beleive it when the teamsters piss down your back and tell you it's raining.
Well, I only hope that when the rest of us are gone on to greener pastures with the APWA, that you can still feel warm and cozy with Hoffa and the clowns, because we really would like to see you stay with the teamster circus.

brett636

Brett, call it what you will, but we all know you very well. You are a slave to the machine, incapable of free thought or free will. Some people are lost souls, born followers, such as yourself, that beleive it when the teamsters piss down your back and tell you it's raining.
Well, I only hope that when the rest of us are gone on to greener pastures with the APWA, that you can still feel warm and cozy with Hoffa and the clowns, because we really would like to see you stay with the teamster circus.

I rest my case.

705red

Browncafe Steward
What's even funnier, is that us APWA supporters or as you like to call us withdrawn teamsters are laughing AT you teamster numbskulls not with you.
Are you denying that your a scab rat who didnt have the balls to stand on a picket line, and now you support some union funded by ups? Listen to be honest with you i dont care about what some spineless coward picket line crossing glorified sell out thinks of me. You will always know where my stance is at, unlike you i dont flip-flop(im union, im not union) (im union, im not union) make up your mind!!!!!!

pkgdriver

Its pretty funny when you think about it most of the apwa support on here is from withdrawn teamsters and management. Whats the chances of that? Please let me know when you come to chicago i would love to come and ask some questions.

Not management.. Paid dues for over 20yrs...Walked two picket lines...NEXT

705red

Browncafe Steward
Not management.. Paid dues for over 20yrs...Walked two picket lines...NEXT
You said paid dues, so i take it you withdrew? Thats something to be proud of. A union full of backpeddling withdrawers and scab picket line crossers, this is like a bad nightmare and i cant wake-up.

mittam

You said paid dues, so i take it you withdrew? Thats something to be proud of. A union full of backpeddling withdrawers and scab picket line crossers, this is like a bad nightmare and i cant wake-up.

Hopefully you will wake up before the ibt ship completely sinks!!!!!!!

pkgdriver

Nice try....17.00 taken out for dues last week. Member in good standing.

Lots of good/dues paying members fed up.

Now back to the orginial point

Its pretty funny when you think about it most of the apwa support on here is from withdrawn teamsters and management. Whats the chances of that? Please let me know when you come to chicago i would love to come and ask some questions

Most= How many???

Ill wait.

mittam

I would rather drown alone than sink on a ship full of spineless cowards. I noticed you didnt deny that your cult is actually anti-union.

no it's not anti-union and it takes more guts to stand up for what is right than sit back status quo

705red

Browncafe Steward
no it's not anti-union and it takes more guts to stand up for what is right than sit back status quo
Mittam how many of your supporters crossed the picket line, and or withdrew from the teamsters? In my book thats anti-union, funny you say stand up and fight, but your followers tucked tail and gave in to ups one way or the other. Im not making any of this up, i read this on these posts. With a group of cowards that buckle under ups pressure that theve shown we would be the laughing stock of organized labor!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Oh well.... no answer... red has decided to go in another direction.
Why dont you tell me? Take a little time and go through all of the posts in this forum. I think you be a little shocked honestly i came here with an open mind to hear and argue both sides. My honest opinion is the apwa is a ups sponsored and funded program.

Cole

My honest opinion is the apwa is a ups sponsored and funded program.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and frankly I am glad you are challenging because, it is no small task, should be looked at and questioned.

If UPS was sponsoring it, it back fire, because they can have nothing to do with it, and will have no say in who we elect to represent us if the Apwa wins out.

I ask you to think how strong it will be if we get people in who are our fighters now, would you not rep your people if you were a ba etc....in the Apwa, hypothetically speaking of course?

I haven't heard any managers mention it at all, but either way, if is comes to pass, we'll make it do what the Teamsters were supposed to do all along. The only issue I have is, I would like to have the option to organize fedex etc..., but that will eventually be up to the members whether to be UPS only etc...

705red

Browncafe Steward
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and frankly I am glad you are challenging because, it is no small task, should be looked at and questioned.

If UPS was sponsoring it, it back fire, because they can have nothing to do with it, and will have no say in who we elect to represent us if the Apwa wins out.

I ask you to think how strong it will be if we get people in who are our fighters now, would you not rep your people if you were a ba etc....in the Apwa, hypothetically speaking of course?

I haven't heard any managers mention it at all, but either way, if is comes to pass, we'll make it do what the Teamsters were supposed to do all along. The only issue I have is, I would like to have the option to organize fedex etc..., but that will eventually be up to the members whether to be UPS only etc...
Its a little weird that no management people are commenting on this issue. How many of you know a sup that can keep out of an argument thats not his or hers? Not to many.

3brownstars

I would have to disagree with organizing FedEx in the APWA. Anyway, once the IBT looses UPS maybe they will fight harder to get ole Fred's money.:thumbup1:

J

JonFrum

Check the UPS mechanics pension that are not in the Teamsters, but the Machinsts/aeronautical Union to see if The Awap can get us a far better pension, as the Machinsts did with the same contributions?

Cole,
Are you aware that the Machinists (IAM) National Pension Fund has cut benefits by 40% for all employer groups that joined the Fund on or after April 1, 2003? And that other restrictions were implemented as well? And that their contribution rates are a bit higher than ours?

"Benefit Schedule for Groups Joining the Plan on or After April 1, 2003:
(A lower benefit schedule may apply to groups of 2,500 or more employees.)
National Pension Plan benefits earned while employed by new contributing employers with contribution dates on or after April 1, 2003 will accrue at 60% of the rates in the current future service benefit table. . . .Also, there will be no past service credit for any employment with new contributing employers with contribution dates on or after April 1, 2003. . . . The new future service schedule applies to future service credit earned with new contributing employers that first become obligated to make contributions to the Plan on or after April 1, 2003."
See: https://web.archive.org/web/20050316111645/http://www.iamnpf.org/npf/forms/smm_2003.pdf

A fuller discussion of the subject is available in these BrownCafe posts . . .
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/ups-subsidizing-non-ups-pensions.27725/