Application Status Changes - YES, AGAIN....

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Goodluck. Use the methods and work at a safe but efficient. It's a mental and physical workout. Let the PT. Sup worry about #s.

Staydryitsraining

My preload, we start 3:00AM T-friend and 1:00AM Monday to clean up an air-only Saturday (snow in the forecast for Saturday)
Remember the places that need bodies the most right now are those growing cities. We never not get enough volume in these parts.
Where I'm at I believe the only other city who is growing faster is Denver. The preload here starts around 5am and is done by 9 am.

rod

Retired 22 years
Work hard (once in the Union work hard and SAFE) - developed a strange sense of humor (you will need it) and don't sweat the small stuff

J.R.

I've been reading these forums since I interviewed over a week ago, and will definitely stick around now that I've been hired! Yes, I know it's going to be physical, and difficult, and I'm going to hurt like he!!, and all that fun stuff. I'm not delusional, but I think I can stick it out. I'd like to make this a long-term thing (not necessarily the PH position, but employment at UPS in general). Any tips or thoughts for me? If I'm called in and "let go" early, should I tell my sup that I want to stay and am willing to help in other areas? Any general advice or thoughts? Looking forward to joining Brown!
Depends on where you are but here new hires are sent home before everyone else. Good luck and welcome to UPS

Poop Head

Judge me.
Thanks eats packages. My "plan" for sleep is that everybody will lay down at 8pm & I will go right to sleep while wife gets baby to bed and eventually goes to sleep herself. Sleep 5-ish hours until 1/1:30, then get up and go to work. Wife will get up at 7am w/ the 12-year-old and get him off to school, then take baby to Nana's on her way to work. I'll get off & come home to nap for a couple hours before going to pick up baby for the rest of the day while wife is at work. I've never been one who needs a ton of sleep, though I realize this job is going to be more physical than what I'm used to. May have to adjust, but that's what we're going to try now. Again, grateful to have a pops who doesn't have to work until 4pm, so can hang w/ the baby for a couple hours in the morning.
Get ready for your wife to become a total b* since you're not gonna be putting the kids down and waking them up. Just to work a PT job, that you'll essentially be "on call" for, and make Jack Squat. And if you actually end up enjoying it (this means you have a mental disorder) she'll hate you even more!

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
When I joined i sounded like the OP. I was stoked and ready to bust ass and make a difference. I was gonna change things. Then i realized no matter how hard i work the next person no matter how lazy or worthless will get the promotion. Just clock in and do your job. Best advice i can tell you is keep your personal life to yourself and be there on time. It's a decent job. Right now I recommend getting another pt job to equal a full time job. That way you have a short period of time in between to get your head together.... I love my smoke breaks!

Congrats on getting out the house finally...:punk:

Indecisi0n

Get ready for your wife to become a total b* since you're not gonna be putting the kids down and waking them up. Just to work a PT job, that you'll essentially be "on call" for, and make Jack Squat. And if you actually end up enjoying it (this means you have a mental disorder) she'll hate you even more!

Who cares how she feels about you as long as she still puts out .

Indecisi0n

Just wanted to follow up: I GOT HIRED! Got called at 850 this morning and asked to be at orientation at 10am and start Monday at 2:30am. And FYI, my application now says "active." I was stressing about the app being listed as "inactive," but apparently that doesn't matter. Just mentioning it in case anyone else is in a similar situation/has a similar question. Looking forward to joining Brown!
Shave your butt if your hairy .It will help stay cool and reduce chafing

WTFm8

took them like 2-3 weeks to call me back when i applied

I had uniform and driver studyguide within a week of applying. Interview was day after, then an email for an interview 3 days later, responded I already had one, scheduled me to come down for another LOL. Thurs interview, Fri piss/vision test for DOT, test drive, Sat get uniform and info and told to be in class following Monday. Changed location for class 3 times in 2 days and folllwed up a 4th time to verify 3rd time was correct.

Ahhh, the joy of UPS.

BobBarker

I had uniform and driver studyguide within a week of applying. Interview was day after, then an email for an interview 3 days later, responded I already had one, scheduled me to come down for another LOL. Thurs interview, Fri piss/vision test for DOT, test drive, Sat get uniform and info and told to be in class following Monday. Changed location for class 3 times in 2 days and folllwed up a 4th time to verify 3rd time was correct.

Ahhh, the joy of UPS.
how you become a driver right away