Applied for 3 positions. Looking for details

S

steph74

I applied for the following and I have a few questions which I'm hoping someone here will kindly answer

Personal vehicle delivery driver
Delivery Driver
Driver Helper

Q: I applied for all three however I was only able to fully complete 1 of the applications. For some reason when I select applications the other 2 have the red thumbs down but when I select to complete each of them it says there's nothing to complete. I'm confused about that.

Q: What's your thoughts on the Personal vehicle delivery driver position? Also, the Personal Vehicle Delivery Driver does not specifically state if one must own a truck it only says that trucks can't weigh over 10,000. I own a truck so its not an issue but I have a small car that I'd prefer to use.

Q: I'm located in Central Mo and it seems UPS hires frequently around here however I'm not clear after reading some of the other post in the forums. Are the above mentioned positions considered 'full time seasonal' or 'full time permanent'? Either is fine by me as just getting my foot in the door is what I'm looking to do. I'd just like to hear what some of you have to say about how the hiring process works.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Are you at all afraid of using your personal vehicle? A rock might fall on it multiple times, breaking every window and denting every part of the car?

Brisket

Good luck, in most states you have to have the proper insurance on your vehicle, and WHEN something happens, you will need that luck when trying to get your insurance company to pay for damages to your or worse yet someone else's property by you 'inadvertently ' tearing up their lawn.

clean hairy

Also, if you do not inform your insurance company you will be using your vehicle for commercial delivery, you could have the claim denied and be cancelled.

If you PVD around here, you will find that being hit with a baseball bat hurts. It also breaks tail lights and head lights pretty efficiently.
BKcypVvlVbzj2.gif

RuthlessSupSlayer

Oh a pvd driver...how nice i need to vent some frustration...let me know which car is yours. Oh and do not worry about that fluid spewing from your master cylinder you dont need it...trust me im on the internet!!

Thanks

Over disciplined0123

Pvd. Why do t you just call them scabs. All ups is doing is preparing for August 1st 2018 when we STRIKE. .. UPS will have 1000 applicants for delivering You SCABS. Be careful SCAB

S

steph74

I applied for the following and I have a few questions which I'm hoping someone here will kindly answer

Personal vehicle delivery driver
Delivery Driver
Driver Helper

Q: I applied for all three however I was only able to fully complete 1 of the applications. For some reason when I select applications the other 2 have the red thumbs down but when I select to complete each of them it says there's nothing to complete. I'm confused about that.

Q: What's your thoughts on the Personal vehicle delivery driver position? Also, the Personal Vehicle Delivery Driver does not specifically state if one must own a truck it only says that trucks can't weigh over 10,000. I own a truck so its not an issue but I have a small car that I'd prefer to use.

Q: I'm located in Central Mo and it seems UPS hires frequently around here however I'm not clear after reading some of the other post in the forums. Are the above mentioned positions considered 'full time seasonal' or 'full time permanent'? Either is fine by me as just getting my foot in the door is what I'm looking to do. I'd just like to hear what some of you have to say about how the hiring process works.

Incredible I come here thinking what a great community and thought asking questions would be a start and due to the obvious fact that Im NEW & not one of you are capable of providing helpful insight I'll kindly keave now! Unbelievable! Ya your right its the internet where you can hide behind your words!

Over disciplined0123

Incredible I come here thinking what a great community and thought asking questions would be a start and due to the obvious fact that Im NEW & not one of you are capable of providing helpful insight I'll kindly keave now! Unbelievable! Ya your right its the internet where you can hide behind your words!
Ok sorry fair enough we are actually good people and I just was dispatched an 11 hr day not happy. But I have 1 important question so say if we went on strike and UPS called you to come in and deliver with your own vehicle for 30 bucks an hour . Would you do it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
5E7FB172-77C5-40FF-8FFC-7072FC0B1890.gif

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Steph74, you were likely not aware, until now, that the pvd job is not being welcomed by current employees. This is because UPS corporate will attempt to utilize this position to weaken the current workers during upcoming contract talks. It's not personal against you. It is though, very personal against that pvd position.

I'm unsure as to why the helper or delivery driver jobs applications were problematic on the website. I can only guess it's because they aren't available for your area as yet.

On a good note, the helper and delivery driver (not pvd) jobs are part of the normal operation at UPS during peak holiday season and not normally subject to the animosity you got for the pvd questions.

Over disciplined0123

I will assure you that the pvd jobs will be classified as seasonal November thru january. We have strict contract language about subcontracting jobs as that is what a pvd is. It violates are contract and any previous contract in the past So don’t think it will be a job past December 25th

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

go work for uber or lyft...

We just got both of those ride services up here. I went to the uber website to see what kind of compensation the drivers are offered because I had thought about possibly doing this on a part time basis during my retirement. I am going to look for PT work elsewhere as their numbers don't work for me.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You should have done some research on here before sticking your foot in your mouth with your first post. There are all kinds of threads about PVDs.