applying for an amazon position

mitchel

not saying that i would per say....but how would one go about finding out more? leads that ive seen, seem to be for contractor type inquiries, not for actual driving positions

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Get in NOW while it's on the ground floor and opportunities abound. UPS, Express, and Ground, as well as the USPS will soon be put out of business by the Monolith that is Amazon! Beg, borrow, buy, and steal every penny you can to invest in this opportunity. This is a once in a lifetime chance to grab the golden ring and make it YOURS! And if perchance I'm wrong and you go bankrupt, or to prison.......oops, my bad.
:oops:

!Retired!

'Contractor' type jobs here pay $18-$25/hr using your own car. You pay your own gas, insurance and any other expenses.

Serf

Amazon Drivers are in my city 7 days a week, many making 19$ an hour to start. Amazon warehouse workers are making 15$ an hour full time with benefits. However, I hear the reputation of it being an intense work environment is simply because of the sheer volume and the fact that it is a results driven company. If you aren't pulling your weight, consequences set in. Unlike X's current labor model of "must have 4 limbs and a pulse."

Gone fishin

People will figure out putting hundreds of miles in their car a week for 20 bucks and hr isn't worth it. I'd start charging full price on Amazon while I could and bury them this peak.
I had 85 stops yesterday. 6 were amazon. Not that big of deal.

bacha29

'Contractor' type jobs here pay $18-$25/hr using your own car. You pay your own gas, insurance and any other expenses.
The IRS standard mileage rate for using your own car is .52 cpm. Which is about right using the standard size car. If you are driving 150 miles in a 10 hour period at $ 18 per hour you have about 100 bucks left or about $10-11 per hour. But remember the real killer in this is having to pay both the employer and employee of Social Security It might be ok if you are a retired person looking for a few extra bucks plus the loading depot and delivery area are close to home but if you have a decent car why wear it out sooner than you need to?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep. This guy wants the world and everything in it. He's a scary guy and people need to think about it.

Amazon is roughly 7-9% of our total revenue. That figure would be higher if they paid published rates. Would losing them hurt? Absolutely but over time we would more than make up the lost revenue.

MAKAVELI

Amazon is roughly 7-9% of our total revenue. That figure would be higher if they paid published rates. Would losing them hurt? Absolutely but over time we would more than make up the lost revenue.
Lose Amazon and a lot of jobs will be lost. Something the union neither wants nor does it benefit it's members.

vantexan

The IRS standard mileage rate for using your own car is .52 cpm. Which is about right using the standard size car. If you are driving 150 miles in a 10 hour period at $ 18 per hour you have about 100 bucks left or about $10-11 per hour. But remember the real killer in this is having to pay both the employer and employee of Social Security It might be ok if you are a retired person looking for a few extra bucks plus the loading depot and delivery area are close to home but if you have a decent car why wear it out sooner than you need to?
The standard mileage rate is what you take off your gross. So if you gross $180 a day you are taxed on less than $90. Buy a used Prius. They're reliable.