April 2018 pay action (On Topic Please)

Serf

employees in steps 1-9 will advance to the next step in their step progression plan.

Employees at step 10 will receive two lump sum payments totaling 3% of the employees annual pay based on their hourly rate on March 25 2018. The first will be paid 01 April, and the second will be paid in October 2018.

There will be NO increase in pay rates for any of the steps.

There will be no other pay action planned for October 2018. The next planned pay action will be October 2019.

I would ask all that comment on this thread to please stay ON TOPIC thank you.
Thanks for the info. So as I understand topped out guys get 1.5% Spring & 1.5% Fall to total 3%. Everyone else just a basic step progression. Eh, could be worse.

Oldfart

Yeah, we have a guy who started in the summer of 2017 at Step 1. Got a bump to Step 2 (+ 3%) in October. Come April, he'll be at Step 3 already in less than one year. Good for him, a slap in the face to those who took 10 years to reach Step 3 pay.
People constantly complain about how long it takes to climb the step ladder. Now that the company seems to have improved the process, people still complian.

bluntforce

People constantly complain about how long it takes to climb the step ladder. Now that the company seems to have improved the process, people still complian.
The people that are complaining are the ones that have been here 15 to 20 years and are not topped out. That is a legitimate gripe.

Oldfart

The people that are complaining are the ones that have been here 15 to 20 years and are not topped out. That is a legitimate gripe.
They made a step plan 2 years ago.and everyone knows where they stand. Before that you had no idea. The new plan is much better.

Artee

The people that should be complaining should be the topped out employees. They are the ones getting screwed. The ones with half a brain know that a 3% increase in pay will keep paying week after week, month after month and year after year until they retire. A one time bonus with no future guarantees of any others is a waste for anyone not dumping that money directly into their Roth. Most who get this bonus will end up wasting it on eating out and purchasing useless :censored2:. I bet you if you asked most people a month after they get their bonus what they did with it they would not be able to tell you except that they pissed it away.

They last number of years when we have gotten raises most of us topped out employees at our location put all or at least half of that % into the 401k. I was hoping to up my contribution another 3% this year. Many of us are contributing 18-25% so we can retire and not eat dog food. Raises build wealth, not a one time payout they we may or may not see again in the future.

fedex_rtd

Any idea on what numbers the top of range "bonus" will be passed on? Last years gross? A set 2080 hours X base pay for full timers?

MAKAVELI

Interesting. That will break a few hearts. A few our our guys like the OT and made between $90-100k last year and they were at least hoping they would get 3% of that.
I'd be more bummed about not getting a raise. Not getting a raise doesn't only affect this year but future years as well.

Artee

I'd be more bummed about not getting a raise. Not getting a raise doesn't only affect this year but future years as well.
Absolutely....They definitely want the raise, but if thats not going to happen they would at least like to get the 3% on how much they made vs the cap that FDX is going to put on it.

Oldfart

I have been told forever on here that topped out people need to make sacrifices for the good of the people that are not topped out. Tex, MFE and Operational said it is our duty to look out for less paid people and sacrifice for their needs. I guess nobody else shares that thought.

vantexan

They made a step plan 2 years ago.and everyone knows where they stand. Before that you had no idea. The new plan is much better.
I guess you missed the part where they were 15-20 year employees and still not topped out. Meanwhile you were topped out through that entire time and think everything is swell.

vantexan

I have been told forever on here that topped out people need to make sacrifices for the good of the people that are not topped out. Tex, MFE and Operational said it is our duty to look out for less paid people and sacrifice for their needs. I guess nobody else shares that thought.
I don't believe we ever said that. What I have said is when one group does well at FedEx it usually means that another group is having something taken away. In the late 90's topped out couriers had some serious adjustments up in pay. The new couriers who followed saw their raises slashed in half, then reduced further to 2% or even no raise while topped out was pulling away from them with 3% raises on better money. Now topped out people are saying they're the ones getting screwed. They're still the ones getting the best pay, newhires will take 9 years to catch them. The ones getting truly screwed are the ones who put in many years and still a long way from top out, and still having to work quite a few years to top out. As in having to work 18-24 years(approximately) to finally say yeah, I'm like everyone else. That FedEx made no provision for them in the new plan essentially says this group has been screwed with for years so we can keep on screwing them.