Apwa/ Pittsburgh PA

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
This morning the APWA filed NLRB papers for the Pittsburgh, PA UPS Frieght terminal!
Looks like the freight guys for ups will be onboard before ups package division will be. They are well aware of the past dumping on them of the teamsters. Why put your trust back in that boat ?

sawdusttv

Looks like the freight guys for ups will be onboard before ups package division will be. They are well aware of the past dumping on them of the teamsters. Why put your trust back in that boat ?

That's right Goose, and the thing that everyone is overlooking here is, the UPS frieght people came to the APWA looking for representation, not the other way around.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Nothing puzzling about it....

They filed a petition with only the minimal numer of cards signed to force an election. The apwa obviously knows nothing about organizing.

Now no one can touch them for a year.

But.... its what I've saying all along. NO experience.

Piss and moan about the Teamsters all you want.... But who do you think got you what you have today. Including you.... Tie

-Bug-

sawdusttv

For or against the APWA, my hats off to them for trying to oranize the unorganized.

That's right brother Cole!!!!!!!
I don't think that any of the moves that the company is making concerning our pensions would be happening if the APWA had not turned up the heat on the company and the teamsters.

Cole

We'll have to wait and see what is in the fine print bro, as we know the devil is in the details. As far as the Pa drivers if they sought the APWA, then perhaps the going will be a bit easier.

I think the pressure was more on the Teamsters regarding CS, as the company seems to have been wanting out of that for quite awhile. Either way it will be interesting to see what they want to take away for their buy out at CS.

nospinzone

Withdrawal from CS will only help us IF..... the union representing us forces UPS to continue current pension contributions rates. If we continue with the same contribution rates, the pension benefits should see a significant increase for new or younger employees. However, if the union representation allows UPS to decrease pension contribution rates, then dont expect the pension benefits we should be enjoying with the current contribution rate..... benefits similar to the Machinist pensions. This has been the APWA's arguement all along.... ALL of the UPS pension contributions going ONLY to UPS workers.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Pkg will never be on-board and APWA isn't doing so well in freight now are they!
Krash maybe not and maybe they had the teamster knuckle heads waiting at the fence for some Louisville guidence ? Wouldn`t suprise me ! I do believe their presence (APWA) has put pressure on the teamsters. I know for a fact down here in South Florida they(union) are doing their best witch hunt to find the people who are apwa friendly.:ohmy:

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Nothing puzzling about it....

They filed a petition with only the minimal numer of cards signed to force an election. The apwa obviously knows nothing about organizing.

Now no one can touch them for a year.

But.... its what I've saying all along. NO experience.

Piss and moan about the Teamsters all you want.... But who do you think got you what you have today. Including you.... Tie

-Bug-
They got us maybe a new Pension overseer thats what the union is getting us becasue the last one couldn`t make it work ? Talk about no experience in picking Central States as a loosing pension provider.

tieguy

Banned
That's right brother Cole!!!!!!!
I don't think that any of the moves that the company is making concerning our pensions would be happening if the APWA had not turned up the heat on the company and the teamsters.

I'm not sure the APWA has really turned any heat on the company. Company does not gain anything with either APWA or the teamsters we still stay a union shop either way.

company hears more through focus group meetings and the ERI from individuals within the ranks who are unhappy with their pensions. Many don't blame UPS but still ask that we do something to fix it.

And there are some Like Jon that will try to find a way to blame the company no matter how far UPS is removed from responsibility.

Cole

And there are some Like Jon that will try to find a way to blame the company no matter how far UPS is removed from responsibility.

Tie,

UPS shares in the responsibilty at CS, aren't there UPS Trustees in CS?

Bill

Tie,

UPS shares in the responsibilty at CS, aren't there UPS Trustees in CS?
There are 10 trustees in the CS fund. Five from the Teamsters, and one each from UPS, and four other companies. The one UPS trustee does not have much say in the handling of our funds, but the 5 Teamster trustees basically vote as one bloc.

705red

Browncafe Steward
There are 10 trustees in the CS fund. Five from the Teamsters, and one each from UPS, and four other companies. The one UPS trustee does not have much say in the handling of our funds, but the 5 Teamster trustees basically vote as one bloc.
Whats the chances that those 5 trustees from ups and the 4 other companies vote together against the teamsters proposals?

sawdusttv

Whats the chances that those 5 trustees from ups and the 4 other companies vote together against the teamsters proposals?

Red,
Don't quote me on this, but I was told that the one UPS person on the board is merely an observer and has no vote. I assume the other four would be the same way. So that leaves the voting power with the teamster members and the CS members of the board.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,
Don't quote me on this, but I was told that the one UPS person on the board is merely an observer and has no vote. I assume the other four would be the same way. So that leaves the voting power with the teamster members and the CS members of the board.
Saw to my knowledge each trustee has the same voting power as another. 10 trustees 10 votes, 5 teamsters votes and 5 company votes all with equal say so as individuals.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Either way, whoever is making decisions about our pensions is hurting us, and if 5 of those voters are from the union, they have dropped the ball. I have always staunchly defended the union, and have served as a steward. I walked in '97 and I gotta tell you that no one I know wants to stay in CS, and no one here wants to strike to keep them. Hoffa and his boys need to fix this, and do it early.