APWA presence across the country

Bill

First of all, learn how to spell and know how to use the english language properly. After reading your thoughts on the APWA, you are apparently uninformed about how the Teamsters are ruining your retirement, and you have no knowledge on how the APWA can offer what they are proposing. The simple fact is that while every dollar that UPS contributes towards your pension, you only receive 40 cents; whereas the APWA represents only UPS employees and every dollar goes to us. This is why the APWA can offer much more than the Teamsters.

30andout

Yes, we are interested in knowing the current financial status of the APWA and would like a list of all its major financial backers. Also, we were aware that the APWA has a union busting lawyer it employs and would like to know the status of its search for a replacement. Finally, could you please furnish me a list of all the companies the APWA has signed labor contracts with so I can see for myself just how well this union works.

Thanks!
Brett, don't you get it, the APWA is going to only represent one co. that would be us,:thumbup1: UPS.

30andout

I believe it has been proven, apwa is made up of a bunch of discouraged TDU members.
79, do you have proof of this or just an opinion? I have met Van and Danny and have great respect for both, and feel they just want better for all UPS workers.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Well i suggest you look up the deffinition of rogue.It's ashame that you would trust the current lieing,corrupt bullsh-t union and won't support two of your own who are trying to make changes for the long term because they know what its line to be an eployee for UPS and know that you bust your but for this company and you deserve better than what the IBT is getting for your dollar.:thumbup1:
Who said I trust the teamsters? Did you even bother to read and comprehend my posts?

mittam

I just hope the smart drivers look at the whole pic of APWA. All their big offers are just speculation. They assume that enough people will jump onboard to vote the Teamsters out and APWA will become our barganing agent. This will only divide and let the company gain power. They assume that they will get a certain return on money invested for your Pension. What if investments go sour? They assume that they can get better medical benefits while medical costs are skyrocketting. They assume that we will believe their "pie in the sky" great representation. Don't let them make an "ASS" out of "U" and "Me". Stick with the Teamsters and if you don't like their benifits or representation '"DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!! DON'T CUT AND RUN!!!

P.S. Those covered by Central States have just had their Pension Benefits increased. (Teamworks mag "Summer 2006, page 12)
I suggest you read that article closer those that have increased are 30 years away, read it closely,

mittam

The APWA is offering alot on speculation. Who's to say that they run out the Teamsters and claim to be the workers new bargaining unit and the company does'nt recognize them as such. WE'RE SCREWED!!! Alot of drivers that are covered under Central States Pension plan are not aware that the Pension benefits were just increased. Look in Teamwork magazine "Summer 2006", page 12. Having an all UPS Union sounds great but we would also be a single employer pension fund and if UPS ever went belly up we'd end up with little. Oh, you say that could never happen. That's what my father thought when he worked for Brannif Airlines and now he draws 20 cents on the dollar for his retirement. What we have now might not be the best but considering the alternative I think I'll stay Teamster.

wdworker if and when we vote in the APWA the company has no choice but to recognize the APWA as the bargaining agent for the UPS employees

over9five

Staff member
I recently changed phone companys.... Went with a new company I never even heard of.... Best move I ever made!

The Teamsters continuing FAILURE to organize Fedex has doomed us all.

I have NO HOPE of a good pension.

Change is good.

Gman24

Guys, EVERY established UNION was started on an IDEA of an INDIVIDUAL person. Even the TEAMSTERS was started from the IDEA of one person. It was started from scratch just like the APWA is. If that's the only argument you guys have, that it's not established yet. Go to Parcelworkers - A NEW LOOK! WHAT MAKES THIS UNION LOOK DIFFERENT'' and you can see the LEGAL document that makes the APWA a LEGAL and legitimate UNION.

By government LAW if voted in, UPS HAS TO recognize it.

Everyone of you absolutely has the right to your OPINION, however the opinion that the APWA is not a legitimate UNion because it was started on the idea of 2 feeder drivers, is just plain STUPID. If that's all you can say, I don;t think we have anything to worry about.

As far as not having the money, you are absolutely right. Because most of you are still GIVING close to $70 bucks a month to the TEAMSTERS of which is being totally wasted. Multiply that be every UPS fulltimer who is still a TEAMSTER and you have millions of $$$$$$ every month.

I have said in an earlier post that the APWA is funded ONLY on the money collected from it's current members as well as small donations from it;s members. Of course they don;t have the money that the IBT has. The APWA will drop your dues each month to half of what they are now after the first 6 months. They have done the math and can OPERATE on that. WHY can't the TEAMSTERS operate on that. Because the BIG DAWGS are lineing their pockets with YOUR money, as well as thier 3 or 4 different pensions funds that they are in. WHY aren't the TEAMSTER BIG DAWGS on the same plans that we are?? Because they know it SUCKS, that's why.

The APWA representatives will be on the same Pension and Health care plans that we will be.

You see no matter how much you guys try to put the APWA down you can;t. Because these guys are going to treat us the same way they WILL be treated, For one because they are UPS hourly employees. THEY are US from the time the front page is turned to the end of the book. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

If the APWA isn;t voted in, at least there were some who were bold enough to stand up for what is right. APWA may not be perfect, but they are the closest thing to it compared to the TEAMSTERS.

3brownstars

Yes, we are interested in knowing the current financial status of the APWA and would like a list of all its major financial backers. Also, we were aware that the APWA has a union busting lawyer it employs and would like to know the status of its search for a replacement. Finally, could you please furnish me a list of all the companies the APWA has signed labor contracts with so I can see for myself just how well this union works.

Thanks!

Hey Brett,
I read your previous posts about doing your own investing for retirement, but now all the sudden you have all these questions?
This "union busting lawyer", I belive, is just a lawyer that kicks the :censored2: out of the Teamsters. If you were going to take on UPS don't you think you would hire a UPS butt whoopin lawyer? Yea, I thought so.
APWA has no contract with any other company because (and I know you've read this before) they only will represent UPSers.
Now please go to parcelworkers, get in touch with Van and/or Danny and they will answer all your questions.
I'm glad to see that you are asking questions. You should not have to invest your wages for retirement when UPS is giving the IBT so much money every week on your behalf, but a little self investing is alwys good too.

brett636

3brwnstars- Thank you for answering questions that I know the APWA doesn't want to answer. Too bad you had the wrong answers, but atleast you now have the honor of being on my ignore list along with any122, 30andout, mittam, and the rest of the APWA cheerleaders.

To answer your comment about saving for retirement, I chose that route because I strongly believe I can do infinitly better than the teamsters, APWA, or UPS. If they want to give me some money for working for 30 years fine, I will take it. Although I refuse to let myself be in a situation where I need it, and its not there.

30andout

3brwnstars- Thank you for answering questions that I know the APWA doesn't want to answer. Too bad you had the wrong answers, but atleast you now have the honor of being on my ignore list along with any122, 30andout, mittam, and the rest of the APWA cheerleaders. My hearts broken I'm on bretts s list.:ohmy:

To answer your comment about saving for retirement, I chose that route because I strongly believe I can do infinitly better than the teamsters, APWA, or UPS. If they want to give me some money for working for 30 years fine, I will take it. Although I refuse to let myself be in a situation where I need it, and its not there.
My hearts broke .

mittam

3brwnstars- Thank you for answering questions that I know the APWA doesn't want to answer. Too bad you had the wrong answers, but atleast you now have the honor of being on my ignore list along with any122, 30andout, mittam, and the rest of the APWA cheerleaders.

thankyou at least you mentioned our names we appreciate it

3brownstars

Thanks Brett, I'm honored to have my name listed along side these fine people. Good luck with your investments, seriously.

W

WMDriver

UPS Union pension.

U.P.S. is the largest company in the pension plans of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, with potential responsibility for billions of dollars of obligations to its retirees. Last year U.P.S. contributed a little more than $1 billion to 32 regional Teamster plans, more than $8,000 for every covered U.P.S. employee. UPS wants out of its responsibility to multi-employer pensions, like the Central States Pension Fund. If and when UPS is able to opt out of the multi-employer union pension system, it would be the final blow to the hopes and dreams of all the union members pensions. Hopes and dreams for nothing but an IOU.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Re: UPS Union pension.

The Teamsters are the poorest of planners. That is why they are in over their head with this deal. It takes care of the defunct companies and the ones that are contributing now which is us are going to pay the price . We are the ones getting short changed. Because of this the ups employee looks like the bad guy for wanting to fix the problem ! I suppose the pilots were the bad guys too when they broke away to be on their own too ! The teamsters should accept resonsiblity for their actions periond. Fix the problem instead of blaming the government for their actions in not supporting their issues.
Its obvious why the south is outraged and wants a change. Voting Hoffa again would mean a contiuation of future problems.