apwa : The unanswered questions

nospinzone

UPS did not contribute 100% of the Teamsters fund nor do we stake claim to 100%. Who is WE Is this UPS talking or Skilman talking for UPS?
UPS employees do not hold claim to 100% of IBT funds. We, the hourly UPS employees, only want what is rightfully ours-- the percentage of IBT funds which corporate contributed on our behalf as partial compensation for our labor. As an avenue for reclaiming possession of these monies, which we the hourly UPS employee rightfully earned, I and others on this board are supporting the APWA to act on our behalf. Does this adequately answer your question?

Ironshot

Local, aren't you one of those former CF workers that came over to the NON UNION Overnite in Harrisburg? ABF had signs posted during that time frame. Why did you choose not to stay with your brothers? You did trash the very people you now claim to be saviors when you arrived on the HRS yard. What gives? Loyalty changes with the wind? I'll leave you your APWA card in road dispatch.
Also, the dirty secret of the 50 billion we will remove from the IBT pensions is it can happen. 1) By court order, 2) by the willing transfer by the trustees due to the rightful owner's claim. Since the latter is the right thing one could reasonably
figure the IBT would never do it. So there is option one.
Ref. DOL/EBSA>publications>What you should know about your retirement plan. :devil: [/quote:::::: We WE we You may chose option one and let the blind lead the blind
Still have your head buried too deep local!

local776

UPS employees do not hold claim to 100% of IBT funds. We, the hourly UPS employees, only want what is rightfully ours-- the percentage of IBT funds which corporate contributed on our behalf as partial compensation for our labor. As an avenue for reclaiming possession of these monies, which we the hourly UPS employee rightfully earned, I and others on this board are supporting the APWA to act on our behalf. Does this adequately answer your question?
Nospin you are posting on the wrong board here. This forum is UPS Freight/ Overnite- NOT UPS BROWN and we have nothing to do with the IBT or Your pension. Are you confused

satellitedriver

No you posted a reply, nospin never did answer that question,get your facts straight
Yes, I did post a reply to your post. NoSpin answered all your questions from your original post. Then ,you post a reply to my post about your sentence structure and you rebutt by saying NOSPIN did not answer a question that you never asked in your original post.

Please point out to me where I got my facts wrong.
My post dealt only with your brillant use of the written word.

nospinzone

Nospin you are posting on the wrong board here. This forum is UPS Freight/ Overnite- NOT UPS BROWN and we have nothing to do with the IBT or Your pension. Are you confused
It appears your'e the one confused, local. Why did you post all of those questions that are directly related to Brown in the Freight forum? I'm just replying to your questions. And I beg to differ on the IBT pension having nothing to do with Freight. IBT is currently negotiating with UPS to throw the Blue side into the 60% funded CS and the other failing funds. How the APWA is approaching this problem appears relevant to me.

But to answer your question, if you'll start posting in the correct forum, I'll start replying in the correct forum!!:lol:

local776

It appears your'e the one confused, local. Why did you post all of those questions that are directly related to Brown in the Freight forum? I'm just replying to your questions. And I beg to differ on the IBT pension having nothing to do with Freight. IBT is currently negotiating with UPS to throw the Blue side into the 60% funded CS and the other failing funds. How the APWA is approaching this problem appears relevant to me.

But to answer your question, if you'll start posting in the correct forum, I'll start replying in the correct forum!!:lol:
only indy no other terminal

local776

please stand corrected. Only a portion will be C.S not all

local776

Thanks for your vote of confidence. It warms my heart. :cool: Im working on a nice reply and will make sure your buddy on Brown and other webboards get a copy. Any other questions you want to throw on so I can knock 'em all out at once??? Whatever works best for you.
who is brown

local776

Great sentence structure. You really know how to convince someone that your thoughts are correct and coherent.
you are correct. The "we" you represent only want to stake claim on 60% of the monies given by UPS for the benefits of UPSER'S.
No Spin answered your questions point for point and this is your best response?
When you say," nor do we stake claim to 100%", Who is we
that was the question asked. im not being a smart a***

local776

yes- sounds like you are only interested in the HOURLY people--- Do you care about the Employees (NON HOURLY)

Ironshot

Local,
What part of UPSer's for UPSer's is complicated for you? That's the APWA claim for "our" portion of the funds.
Maybe it's the 12 member pension board championed by the APWA. Six of which will be current and retired employees. The APWA want's UPSer's to vote on these members. Does
the IBT allow you to vote on the pension trustee's?
It's OUR money period.

local776

Local,
What part of UPSer's for UPSer's is complicated for you? That's the APWA claim for "our" portion of the funds.
Maybe it's the 12 member pension board championed by the APWA. Six of which will be current and retired employees. The APWA want's UPSer's to vote on these members. Does
the IBT allow you to vote on the pension trustee's?
It's OUR money period.
is this board of 12, is that from the Parcel side or the Freight side, That is the difference. Heck they are running our company like the brown side now and see how things are screwed up. No complication here. Why dont u all tell me how much knowledge the apwa has with the freight industry? now we all no the difference (pay) from freight and package. Please explain the difference in pension fund, because if you try to tell me that UPSFwill get the same pension as BROWN ----B.S

local776

Local, aren't you one of those former CF workers that came over to the NON UNION Overnite in Harrisburg? ABF had signs posted during that time frame. Why did you choose not to stay with your brothers? You did trash the very people you now claim to be saviors when you arrived on the HRS yard. What gives? Loyalty changes with the wind? I'll leave you your APWA card in road dispatch.
Also, the dirty secret of the 50 billion we will remove from the IBT pensions is it can happen. 1) By court order, 2) by the willing transfer by the trustees due to the rightful owner's claim. Since the latter is the right thing one could reasonably
figure the IBT would never do it. So there is option one.
Ref. DOL/EBSA>publications>What you should know about your retirement plan. :devil:
Ironshot arent you one of those drivers that said if a union ever came into OVNT you would quit.

any122

adirondack man
is this board of 12, is that from the Parcel side or the Freight side, That is the difference. Heck they are running our company like the brown side now and see how things are screwed up. No complication here. Why dont u all tell me how much knowledge the apwa has with the freight industry? now we all no the difference (pay) from freight and package. Please explain the difference in pension fund, because if you try to tell me that UPSFwill get the same pension as BROWN ----B.S
Local776 you our way out of step.You should get in step with the majority of your peers or leave the company.You do not represent Harrisburg and you don't have enough time with the company to be running your mouth.The vetrans at UPS Freight will never join the reamsters.As for the APWA they may not have no knowledge with the freight industry but as far as the teamsters go they have a terrible record.We will see who comes out the winner.Apwa fresh start or teamsters liars,thieves,underfunded pensions,never can answer one question with a straight answer.Who our we going to support not the teamsters.Now wake up and get in step!

satellitedriver

When you say," nor do we stake claim to 100%", Who is we
that was the question asked. im not being a smart a***
Please read what you wrote.
"UPS did not contribute 100% of the Teamsters fund nor do we stake claim to 100%. Who is WE Is this UPS talking or Skilman talking for UPS?"

First you state " nor do we stake claim". What "we" were you representing in that statement? I could only presume that you meant "the teamsters".
Your next sentence really confused me.
"Who is We" should have been ended with a ? and the w should not have been capitalized, unless put in qoutes, for emphasis.
Then you ask,"is this UPS talking or Skilman talking for UPS".
A circular argument at best,on your part.
First you identified yourself as we.
Then you ask,"who is we"?
I also am not trying to be confrontational, but your sentence structure confused me.

local776

Local776 you our way out of step.You should get in step with the majority of your peers or leave the company.You do not represent Harrisburg and you don't have enough time with the company to be .The vetrans at UPS Freight will never join the reamsters.As for the APWA they may not have no knowledge with the freight industry but as far as the teamsters go they have a terrible record.We will see who comes out the winner.Apwa fresh start or teamsters liars,thieves,underfunded pensions,never can answer one question with a straight answer.Who our we going to support not the teamsters.Now wake up and get in step!
Like i said before, to each their own, I wont support the apwa. If you want to that is your choice. some good reading for you. Check out N.A.B.E.R

local776

Please read what you wrote.
"UPS did not contribute 100% of the Teamsters fund nor do we stake claim to 100%. Who is WE Is this UPS talking or Skilman talking for UPS?"

First you state " nor do we stake claim". What "we" were you representing in that statement? I could only presume that you meant "the teamsters".
Your next sentence really confused me.
"Who is We" should have been ended with a ? and the w should not have been capitalized, unless put in qoutes, for emphasis.
Then you ask,"is this UPS talking or Skilman talking for UPS".
A circular argument at best,on your part.
First you identified yourself as we.
Then you ask,"who is we"?
I also am not trying to be confrontational, but your sentence structure confused me.
ok, was in a rush, sorry for the confusion. If you read what nospin had posted as a reply -the WE came from paragraph 3 of that reply. I was asking a question from that paragraph.

mittam

Just give me the pension contribution each week. Think of the money the APWA can save, resulting in more money for the members. No fees, no lawyers, no poterntial for skimming, no high mgmnt fees. Just have UPS make the deposit for me. Come on APWA do it for the members. Money in a fund can disappear or a fund can claim poverty. Money in my pocket stays in my pocket. Quit acting like a greedy union and give me the money.

brownmonster, sounds like you are hung up on the management fees of the pension. Let me answer part of that, the fees in the current cs plan is 2%. With millions of dollars a year going into that plan 2% is incredibly high. The management fees the company that the APWA will use is 1 tenth of 1%. A more reasonable fee for the amount of money going into the plan. You also will see each deposit made into your account each week. As far as putting money each week into a 401k it also has fees for managing, it also can fail after all it is in stocks and mutual funds also.

pkgdriver

As far as putting money each week into a 401k it also has fees for managing, it also can fail after all it is in stocks and mutual funds also.

401k doesnt have to be in stocks and mutual funds only. You can have fixed rate instruments(cd's),Oil, or Gold etc.