Are 22.4 Center specific???

Scuderia

Couldn't find anything on the contract, but some rumors going around my building that 22.4 cannot be loaned out to other centers. True? False?

So low seniority FT drivers still have to do the grunt-work while the new 22.4 get to learn routes in your center? Doesn’t sound right to me at all.

542thruNthru

Couldn't find anything on the contract, but some rumors going around my building that 22.4 cannot be loaned out to other centers. True? False?

So low seniority FT drivers still have to do the grunt-work while the new 22.4 get to learn routes in your center? Doesn’t sound right to me at all.

It may be in your local rider or Supp. Which one are you under?

542thruNthru

Western region supp, southwest rider. Local 396

I'm under the same language. Sorry but if you're a Utility Driver (no bid route RPCD) the language is against you.
sketch-1561239883975.jpg

I doubt 22.4s won't be loaned out every once in a while but they will be assigned to a specific center.
sketch-1561239912309.jpg

Scuderia

This is what I hate about these contracts. So vague... aren’t all utility drivers technically “domiciled” to a center? Idk I guess the thinking is that each center will have sufficient 22.4 on call that they won’t need UDs to fill for absent RPCDs.

I’ll play it by ear, I’ve only been driving for 2 months and I know more routes from other centers than my own lol. If this turns into a :censored2: show, I will probably look at other options.

Does your company seniority stay the same as your PT-hire date?

This is what I hate about these contracts. So vague... aren’t all utility drivers technically “domiciled” to a center? Idk I guess the thinking is that each center will have sufficient 22.4 on call that they won’t need UDs to fill for absent RPCDs.

I’ll play it by ear, I’ve only been driving for 2 months and I know more routes from other centers than my own lol. If this turns into a :censored2: show, I will probably look at other options.

Your company seniority includes your PT years. You will have two seniority dates. Company and FT.

542thruNthru

You guys don't have Cover Drivers?
Also we don't do "On Call".

You'll learn your centers routes soon. Summer will bring max vacations and they will need you.