Are managers invincible?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Based on some of the advice you have given here in the past that may not be a bad thing.
This from the guy who says to wait 'til you're 65 to collect S.S.. If you take it as early as possible (62), you will be 90 for the break even. Dumbest advice I ever heard.

Take it a.s.a.p. because there is no guarantee you will live to see 65.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This from the guy who says to wait 'til you're 65 to collect S.S.. If you take it as early as possible (62), you will be 90 for the break even. Dumbest advice I ever heard.

Take it a.s.a.p. because there is no guarantee you will live to see 65.

Please show me where I said that.

BTW, it is best to wait until you are at least 67 before you start drawing SS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Please show me where I said that.

BTW, it is best to wait until you are at least 67 before you start drawing SS.
You mentioned that your financial advisor told you that.

You can wait 'til you are 67, but who knows they will live to 67....do you ?? You'll miss 5 years of $$$ if you die before you turn 67.
I only have the posts where you call me stupid and your aversion to the union......I deleted all the others I had saved.

You mentioned that your financial advisor told you that.

You can wait 'til you are 67, but who knows they will live to 67....do you ?? You'll miss 5 years of $$$ if you die before you turn 67.
I only have the posts where you call me stupid and your aversion to the union......I deleted all the others I had saved.
If I die before 67 I will not be missing anything. If I live to be 90 the extra monthly pay out may well be worth it. One size does not fit all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I agree completely it may make good business sense to take social security at an earlier age (maybe) I still can't take it with me so what matters?
It matters how you live in your later years.....unless you just plan to be a homeless beach bum. People do have to eat and wear clothes. But I guess begging is in your plans.

oldngray

nowhere special
The break even point on whether it is better to take Social Security at 62 or wait until full retirement age is 78. It is a question of how long you think you will live plus factor in how much those wasted years of your life spent working when you could be doing something else while your were still younger and presumably healthier.

The break even point on whether it is better to take Social Security at 62 or wait until full retirement age is 78. It is a question of how long you think you will live plus factor in how much those wasted years of your life spent working when you could be doing something else while your were still younger and presumably healthier.
70. Is the maximum age that benefits increase.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Preload unlike being a driver on a bid route, does not have bid positions. Whether you have been there one day or thirty years you go wherever your supervisor puts you, there are no set jobs or positions for part timers. Also as those before me have stated never say no, explain your thoughts but if they have you work somewhere else just go. Sucks but that's the way part time has always been.
image.jpg image.jpg

Then what's this language here about part time job selection?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you can also take the money at 62 and invest it till your max age and then pay back all the principle to SS and then reapply and get the full benefit .

u can also apply for bennies and deny payment til the later date so that your non working spouse can apply and get a SS payment til you qualify for max payment.

SS doesn dot tell you these things unless you ask the right questions.

ref. from one of my books on social security.

you can also take the money at 62 and invest it till your max age and then pay back all the principle to SS and then reapply and get the full benefit .

u can also apply for bennies and deny payment til the later date so that your non working spouse can apply and get a SS payment til you qualify for max payment.

.[/QUOTE
They are eliminating that loop hole.]