Are the amount of oversized packages at an all time high ?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
First concern-----unwarranted.

Second concern----fully warranted.

I am not saying that you should have moved the boxes but I can just imagine how you interacted with the customer. Was the concern an hourly personnel?
Second concern was completely unwarranted. If it were me, I would have had a good chuckle, then tell them to call Fred.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
More weights= MORE BACKS TO GARAGES lol. Im not killing my back, i dont care if i back 100 times a day. All the super heavy packages im backing whenever possible and dropping them at easiest place i can. And they wonder why backing the truck is going through the roof lmfao.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both concerns were unwarranted.

We do not touch FedEx packages.

If the guy wanted them moved, do it himself or call FedEx.

"Sir, those are FedEx packages. You need to call FedEx if you would like to have them moved."

Had he limited the conversation to that there would not have been a second concern.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Were you there, or just assuming?

You tell me of any consignee that will call in a concern for our polite refusal to move our competitor's packages.

He was already upset that he was directed by the OMS to go back to the consignee even though he knew for a fact that he had not been there that day. He then walks in and sees a stack of packages with FedEx labels on them. He is then asked by the consignee to move them. You don't think he said something smartass to the consignee? Of course he did.

trickpony1

You tell me of any consignee that will call in a concern for our polite refusal to move our competitor's packages.

Dave, Dave, Dave.....
Some customers walk around with a chip on their shoulder.

If no one knocks that chip off their shoulder in a reasonable length of time, they will create a situation where the chip falls off.

Enter the UPS man......
-you are on his property therefore he controls you.....
-he is paying you $xx dollars an hour to bring his packages.....
-you are captive (you can't go anywhere......)
-it'll be a he said, she said. (who do you think is gonna win that one?).
-he's had a bad day.......

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Keep in mind our boy was already upset that he had to waste time by going back to a stop that he did not delivery only to tell these people that the packages were not ours. I have to think that being told that he had to move the packages may have put him over the edge and he said something that he shouldn't have said. It happens.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've had quite a few deck sets this week, and a 9 piece sleep number set that took up all my floor space (had to mix/cram usual floor resi's onto shelf with other sections making sorting a nightmare), and on the same day 3 couches for a lady going to the Fred Meyers she worked at, causing me to have to make a special 5 mile RT to deliver them because they took up the entire middle of the truck. The lady at the dock was :censored2: and told me this would never happen again.

And then (same day as the sleep number and couches) I got a concern that I delivered a bunch of paper to the wrong office , told them I didn't go there that day, OMS lady insisted I go so I went to check and it was all FEDEX boxes. The guy there insisted that I move it for him, said no thats not my job. Got another concern. LOL

I'm curious, was it the same company that they wanted you to move the boxes to, within the same building? Or were they misdelivered to the wrong company, wrong suite?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Keep in mind our boy was already upset that he had to waste time by going back to a stop that he did not delivery only to tell these people that the packages were not ours. I have to think that being told that he had to move the packages may have put him over the edge and he said something that he shouldn't have said. It happens.

Wait, "our boy" never said he was upset. He said the receiver on the dock where the sofas were delivered was upset.

TTKU

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I suppose that it was also wrong for me to have thrown a nearly new patio set that someone had put on the side of the road in to the pkg car so that I could drop it off at my house later on that day.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've had quite a few deck sets this week, and a 9 piece sleep number set that took up all my floor space (had to mix/cram usual floor resi's onto shelf with other sections making sorting a nightmare), and on the same day 3 couches for a lady going to the Fred Meyers she worked at, causing me to have to make a special 5 mile RT to deliver them because they took up the entire middle of the truck. The lady at the dock was :censored2: and told me this would never happen again.

And then (same day as the sleep number and couches) I got a concern that I delivered a bunch of paper to the wrong office , told them I didn't go there that day, OMS lady insisted I go so I went to check and it was all FEDEX boxes. The guy there insisted that I move it for him, said no thats not my job. Got another concern. LOL

Two different situations. Go back and read his post a bit more slowly.

TTKU.

I did.