Are we doing Sat. air tomorrow?

PT Car Washer

They have been screwing the PT cover drivers so bad lately they can't get any to come in anymore. Saturday staffing has more FT drivers than PT, and they've had to force some of the PT ones in.
How do you mean "they have been screwing the PT cover drivers"? Too much work or no work? It is always feast or famine. We have lost several Saturday drivers over the last few years and UPS finally put up a Saturday PT Air Driver intent sheet last week. One name on it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How do you mean "they have been screwing the PT cover drivers"? Too much work or no work? It is always feast or famine. We have lost several Saturday drivers over the last few years and UPS finally put up a Saturday PT Air Driver intent sheet last week. One name on it.
The PT cover drivers have been working 11-12hr days here. They get bumped back down to Air rate when they work Saturday so there is no incentive to come in and do Sats. Management tries to hang the carrot of they'll get less hours during the week if they don't start coming in, they know better.

PT Car Washer

The PT cover drivers have been working 11-12hr days here. They get bumped back down to Air rate when they work Saturday so there is no incentive to come in and do Sats. Management tries to hang the carrot of they'll get less hours during the week if they don't start coming in, they know better.
Pay would still be OT after 40 hours. About $40/hr. I agree working that many hours I would need the weekend off just to do work around the house that needs to be done. Feast or famine. Not sure which is worse.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Pay would still be OT after 40 hours. About $40/hr. I agree working that many hours I would need the weekend off just to do work around the house that needs to be done. Feast or famine. Not sure which is worse.
Yeah, we have PT cover driver guys that won't go FT after seeing what kind of hours we've been working. Had a PT cover driver actually go back in the hub a few weeks ago because of the hours.

PT Car Washer

Yeah, we have PT cover driver guys that won't go FT after seeing what kind of hours we've been working. Had a PT cover driver actually go back in the hub a few weeks ago because of the hours.
We have Art 22.3 preload/air drivers that would most likely work less hours and make more money if they would go FT driving. Other FT drivers have bid in thinking they would work 8 and skate only to find out you still work as directed for less money.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I gave Dave a derail .... Watch what happens next......
giphy.gif

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Guess whose phone just rang? It's hilarious to me that I'm no good and I sink the operation Monday through Friday but they call me up begging to come in on Saturday.

For $50 an hour I guess I can get out of bed and deliver 5 stops an hour for you.

mrbrownstone

Yea we were heavy here too in PA. I didn't have 30 on the route I was doing but the Sat Sup seemed pissed about gow heavy we were.