Are you proud of America?

Are you proud of America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vantexan

italy has 38,000 coops.

banks and austerity ruined greece.

capitalism is also based on other people's money like employers profiting off workers, bail outs, capitalist ponzi schemes, etc.
Paying for all the social benefits without producing a GDP that would cover it ruined Greece. And Italy is still swimming in red ink in spite of 38,000 co-ops blazing a wondrous trail.

rickyb

Paying for all the social benefits without producing a GDP that would cover it ruined Greece. And Italy is still swimming in red ink in spite of 38,000 co-ops blazing a wondrous trail.
i cant remember what the problems with greece were. the bailouts went to french and german banks, not greece. austerity shrunk the economy. greeks shouldve had a debt forgiveness by the germans which the greeks gave germany after wwII. germans stole alot of greek gold during wwII also which more than would have covered the debt.

look up yanis varoufakis(??) for more.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i cant remember what the problems with greece were. the bailouts went to french and german banks, not greece. austerity shrunk the economy. greeks shouldve had a debt forgiveness by the germans which the greeks gave germany after wwII. germans stole alot of greek gold during wwII also which more than would have covered the debt.

If nothing else, you are entertaining.

rickyb

If nothing else, you are entertaining.
look it up.

your narrative is very useful for the rich who want to cut social spending.

i do recall goldman working with the greek government to hide the financials. extend and pretend.

also the EU doesnt work.

i think the second or 3rd most powerful party in greece is golden dawn aka an overtly fascist party.

vantexan

Having debt forgiven wouldn't change the problem of spending more than you're taking in. Soon you'd be back in financial hot water. The point of austerity was to get their debt to a manageable level as well as stop the incredibly generous social program spending that was causing the problem. Germany was in ruin after WWII yet they rebuilt and through hard work have created a better life for themselves. Some cultures just aren't geared that way yet they want all kinds of perks that'll make their lives easier. Perks cost. If you can create an utopia that works, great. Hasn't been done yet.