Are You Ready For Vegas IBT Conference??

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
If you want to talk about union solidarity, can you tell me when the last time is that UPS drivers went on strike to support Teamsters at another company? Did Teamsters strike with their dock worker brothers a couple years ago? Solidarity is a pretty word though.

Sympathy strikes and secondary boycotts are illegal under the Taft-Hartley Act with the only exceptions being recognizing a picket line for an Unfair Labor Practice or for contract/union recognition.

bbsam said:
It has far less to do and more to do with my own drug addiction. There is a certain way to party and trying to squeeze convention stuff in during a party at a party mecca like Vegas is absurd to me.

I'm glad you've conquered your inner demons as I've seen the toll that addiction has on people. That being said, not every delegate suffers from the same issues and I feel that its safe to say the overwhelming majority will be able to "avoid temptation."

I would be lying if I said there haven't been instances of delegates shirking their duties to go party, but that would happen in any locale with a group of people that size. Anyone found not performing their elected duties (without a a legitimate emergency) should have to forfeit their per diem and reimburse the local for their travel expenses and lodgings.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It was only $100 last summer at the JAC.

$100 a day for 5 days is $500 total expected to be donated to H from every delegate at the convention.

Nonsense.

I can guarantee you that it applies to every local falling under the jurisdiction of the Ohio Conference of Teamsters.

Even with the resignation of Bill L, this policy still stands per Pat D whether the local is H friendly or not.

Bring the $500, donate happily to the H fund, or feel the wrath of the powers that be.

Total BS.

Contact the IRB.

Make sure, you identify yourself.

Wouldn't that be a violation of RICO ? :biggrin:

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So there are no donations made to the National during these conferences?

Yes there is. The hat is passed around everyday of the convention.

The issue Bug has is whether everyone is "strong armed" into giving.

He does not know that it happens because he is an H. supporter and gives freely.

The slates that have won locals, the anti H. slates, we're informed as to how the "donations" are to be handled at the convention.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Nonsense.

Total BS.

Contact the IRB.

Make sure, you identify yourself.

Wouldn't that be a violation of RICO ? :biggrin:

-Bug-

I have a very good friend at a local. I was flabbergasted when he told me exactly what Bill L. told them. He covered his butt. He told them in such as way as to possibly leave himself an out, but it was very clear.

Give $100 dollars a day per delegate or have your local blackballed in every division.

Yes there is. The hat is passed around everyday of the convention.

He does not know that it happens because he is an H. supporter and gives freely.

The slates that have won locals, the anti H. slates, we're informed as to how the "donations" are to be handled at the convention.
You are totally full of poop. For the most part your post are very well thought out and semi informative but what you are saying here is totally a lie. You are either doing this because you have an agenda or you have been feed misinformation. There are fundraiser just like any election of this magnitude. Fred and fat Timmy have be n doing this for over a year. {uck they have had paint ball pig roasts and all kind of things. Tdu who they get there money from solicited 5 dollar donations for their crappie new website that if you scroll down to far it starts to shake uncontrollably.

I have a very good friend at a local. I was flabbergasted when he told me exactly what Bill L. told them. He covered his butt. He told them in such as way as to possibly leave himself an out, but it was very clear.

Give $100 dollars a day per delegate or have your local blackballed in every division.
Again I don't speak for bill or his local and he is no longer with the firm but this is not the case from th people I know. You have misinformation.

10 point

Again I don't speak for bill or his local and he is no longer with the firm but this is not the case from th people I know. You have misinformation.
Funny you should post this because it was told to my face, not hearsay, from a "loyal" BA and IBT supporter that they were given a set amount to donate to the reelection process and it was expected.

Why would someone lie about that?

You are totally full of poop. For the most part your post are very well thought out and semi informative but what you are saying here is totally a lie. You are either doing this because you have an agenda or you have been feed misinformation. There are fundraiser just like any election of this magnitude. Fred and fat Timmy have be n doing this for over a year. {uck they have had paint ball pig roasts and all kind of things. Tdu who they get there money from solicited 5 dollar donations for their crappie new website that if you scroll down to far it starts to shake uncontrollably.
Who reads the TDU website anyway? I became a member in 2013 after the CBA fiasco but no longer am one nor do I need to read the info on their site. The general media and the back of the Teamster magazine reports enough "news" to reveal the obvious state of our union.

ManInBrown

Vegas weather is beautiful this time of year, wonderful pool weather. The best part of Vegas will be to exercise your democratic right to vote. Are you going?
I go to Vegas 2 or 3 times a year. It's anything but beautiful at this time of year. It's an oven. A steamy high temp of 107 today

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Exactly.

Anyone saying it's forced (with an implied threat of retaliation)....

Is either paranoid, or "weak-kneed" to begin with.

Information from TDU ?

:biggrin:

With all due respect Mug,

That sounds like "feeder network" gossip.

Funny you should post this because it was told to my face

By who ?

I go to Vegas 2 or 3 times a year. It's anything but beautiful at this time of year. It's an oven. A steamy high temp of 107 today

Besides, it's a dry heat, so it's not as bad. :(

Don't believe that "dry heat" BS.

110 degrees.... is hot.

Look at the baggage handlers on the tarmac in Vegas.

They aren't having fun.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

No agenda, no misinformation, no lie. Straight from the horses mouth, Bill L, and yes, he did resign. A forced resignation.

If Fred was in there right now, it might be the same way. I don't know.

And if you're an H. supporter and want to donate to his re-election campaign, I am fine with that.

I have a problem when the powers that be "force" those donations, with our dues money.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is either paranoid, or "weak-kneed" to begin with.

The guys that I know have not been in there very long, and did not want to go "against" Bill L. That would not be a wise move. They are not "weak-kneed." A few thousand dollars was not worth taking on the most powerful union man in Ohio.

Information from TDU ?

Nope. I'm not a Fred or Tim fan either. It's like Clinton and Trump. I don't want either, but I am going to have to make a choice. Who is the worst of 2 evils?

That sounds like "feeder network" gossip.

Nope. Straight from Bill L.

No gossip.

ManInBrown

Don't believe that "dry heat" BS.

110 degrees.... is hot.

Look at the baggage handlers on the tarmac in Vegas.

They aren't having fun.

-Bug-

The dry heat part is definitely true. 110 in Vegas is not 110 in NYC. 110 in Vegas is probably equivalent to 95 in another part of the country. Still very hot but not as bad as it sounds. The point of my original post was that anyone saying this time of year is a beautiful weather time to go to Vegas is completely clueless. This is the absolute WORST time of year to visit Vegas.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The guys that I know have not been in there very long, and did not want to go "against" Bill L. That would not be a wise move. They are not "weak-kneed." A few thousand dollars was not worth taking on the most powerful union man in Ohio.
Puts me in the mind of the infamous closed door "neutrality agreement" he coerced many Ohio officers and agents into signing during the last contract debacle.

Bug can pretend that these tactic didn't and don't exist, but we all know better.

Where I do agree with Bug is in his assertion that those who succumb are "weak-kneed".
When an officer or agents actions are in contradiction of the majority of their membership's wishes, in order to make their job easier, they are "weak-kneed" and forever compromised.

~Bbbl~

10 point

By who ?

-Bug-
By who(m)?
I won't tell you, especially on here.

You basically called me "gullible" when I posted what our mechanic said about his IAM retirement stats and then you found out that you were misinformed...not me.

So I am not here to prove any point of what I was told because I don't have to subject statements that I was told to seeming biased scrutiny.

But I will say that the tail of this union has been wagging the dog long enough and even tho the truth (such as members getting thrown under the bus at panel "because corporate wants them gone") has been over due to materialize, the acts of corruption and bullying need to be exposed and corrected or this "great union" we're in will someday pay the price.

No outside force destroys organizational efforts as quickly as corruption on the inside.

It's not about WHO is right it's about WHAT is right and that issue, my friend, will never change. Never.

Gimme Danger

@Lead Belly
tmp_17531-FB_IMG_1465867141504201478481.jpg