Are you voting?

How are you voting for the strike authorization?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brown_trousers

Why? The company is low balling us this contract. The union needs that strike vote in hand to get a serious offer.
If the union would actually tell me that UPS is low balling us, or is trying to cut our healthcare, or pensions, or... well... if they told me anything, i would be more likely to vote yes.

But with as little information as they have provided me, my vote is no

If the union would actually tell me that UPS is low balling us, or is trying to cut our healthcare, or pensions, or... well... if they told me anything, i would be more likely to vote yes.

But with as little information as they have provided me, my vote is negative
So you support the article 22.4 jobs they are proposing? AKA two tier wage scale?

brown_trousers

So you support the article 22.4 jobs they are proposing? AKA two tier wage scale?
I have only heard rumors and heresay about those two tier wage jobs. I wont base my vote on rumors. Has the union actually released any real information on that?

But no, i would definitely not support those new two tier jobs

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So far, its a RUMOR that is what UPS wants. I know youve been around here for quite a few contracts, you know how wild the rumor mill gets around contract time

The information I posted is from a reliable source, not some internet rumor.

It’s not a rumor. $30 per hr. Just got home from my local meeting. Apparently, all negotiators are on board with this proposal.

brown_trousers

They are just asking for a lot of ridiculous things. That's all I care to say. You can believe me or not, that's up to you.

I have no real desire to go on strike but we really do need to give the union authorization, that would be to our advantage.
Im not trying to offend you.
I just believe that a responsible vote should be backed up with real information.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
See how many dead days they ask guys to take, so they can take advantage of the lower wages.
Allegedly, all centers will have a number, to be staffed by full time drivers, that will need to be maintained. And it will be up to those drivers to demand their 8 and keep things in check. All weekend work will be done by 22.4’s. Either tues to sat or sun to thurs.

The union is also viewing this as a way to inject money, by creating full time jobs, into failing pensions plans.

Allegedly, all centers will have a number, to be staffed by full time drivers, that will need to be maintained. And it will be up to those drivers to demand their 8 and keep things in check. All weekend work will be done by 22.4’s. Either tues to sat or sun to thurs.

The union is also viewing this as a way to inject money, by creating full time jobs, into failing pensions plans.
The pensions need more than a few extra jobs. We need some kind of real pension reform

UPS Preloader

But with as little information as they have provided me, my vote is no

And what if it turns out UPS is lowballing us or trying to take some benefits away. Voting no takes away the threat of a strike and gives UPS the upper hand in the negotiations. Why would I you you want to do that? I understand your wanting to hope for the best, but just in case you should be prepared for the worst. (Just in case.)

And what if it turns out UPS is lowballing us or trying to take some benefits away. Voting no takes away the threat of a strike and gives UPS the upper hand in the negotiations. Why would I you you want to do that? I understand your wanting to hope for the best, but just in case you should be prepared for the worst. (Just in case.)
Exactly. Well said.