Are your wives as lonely as I am?

trickpony1

LonelyUPSWife......You should consider yourself lucky that you're not married to the UPS Feeder driver Dr Trickpony. He admitted to the room in a post that when he comes home from work he drinks a pint of whiskey and beats his wife to relax. He does this year round, not only during peak. As hard as you have it with your husband's working hours, be thankful you're not married to Dr Trickpony.

I'm getting a bigger laugh out of this than Vette is.:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you will reference the respective post you'll see that there is one of those cutesy icons depictig ROFLMFAO. I would have cut and pasted it but I'm just a stupid truck driver that doesn't know how.....not a retired multimillionaire manager.
It's on page 7. The thread is titled something like "what do you do after a hard day's work".
Go for it!

Seriously ROFLMFAO.:lol: :lol: :lol:

dragracer66

Ladies,Ladies,Ladies...I too work for UPS and I have plenty of time on my hand's. If your that lonely I have the time for all of you!!!!!:thumbup1:

old levi's

blank space
You must be young and still in love. After 30 years of marriage this problem will self-correct. Your husband will come home after a 14 hour day and you will look up and say " Oh, its you, I didn't hear you come in." Time takes care of everything.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Let's see, Monday night she volunteered at a church to make christmas gifts for the elderly, Wed. night she has Bowling and tonight she is going out with the girls from work for cocktails and food. She just leaves me a list of what kid to pick up where. She really misses me.

I have always thought preload was the hardest job at UPS. And the thing about peak and UPS is that you are making more money than you have all year but are too tired to spend it.
Forgive my driver bias, but why doesn't your husband want to go driving?

Well, after 13 years of working for UPS as a preloader, he is making enough to support the household. I dont work thus I am home all day long. He has told me of nightmares where he is driving around with a truck full of stuff and it is 3 in the afternoon and he is lost trying to find his first stop, he says these dreams wake him at night. Between that and the fact that drivers live the hardest life with working till very late into the evening and dealing with crappy loaders, and management that is always on your butt about getting the packages to the destinations faster, no matter how fast you go it is never fast enough for management. He would rather know that he only has to lead his trucks, and that once that is done he can go home once things are wrapped up. I think the fact that you drivers come up onto the lines and look into your trucks and get this look of just dread on yur face, because either the load is crappy (which I think sometimes even with the best loader that happens) or it is a lot more stops then you think should be on there, and the boxes are packed to the tail of the truck and then stacked to the roof, it must be very overwhelming to see that and know you will be out there till all that stuff is delivered, and then on top of that you have to pick up stuff from places too. I dont think I would want to be a driver either under that kind of stress.

We both like being able to go out during the day. We go pretty much everywhere together. He is the person I have chosen to spend the rest of my life with, and to me that means we should be together as much as we can possibly be. A lot of people (family included) have asked how it is that after 10 years of being together we both still want nothing more in life then to be together 24/7, and honestly, he is the most amazing, intelligent, sensitive (mostly) man I have ever met.

On his part time pay, we own a 4 bedroom house on 3 acres which will be completely paid off in 5 years, at that point he will be going into management or retiring, depending on what he wants to do.if he retires we will be living off of investments that he has made. He does quite a bit of investing, and has done very well at it.

I also really wouldnt like him to go driving, yes the money would be nice, and OMG the overtime you guys work is major money, but to me I would rather spend time with him then have the extra money. We dont have credit cards, and other then the mortgage payment have absolutely no debt, we both beleive that if we dont have the cash to buy something then we dont need it that badly.

I too am a lonley UPS wife. My husband works preload, and spots trailers, he has one of those combo jobs. He works 2:30am to about noon tue-fri and 6am-2:30 Sat. I work 8-5 m-friend. We get very little time together, he sleeps from 3pm to 8pm, then 10pm till time for work. So at best I see him two hours a day, and then we have Saturday afternoon and Sunday. The weekdays are really hard, We have enough time to have dinner and take care of the pets and then it's time for bed again. The biggest problem is the family members who don't understand his schedule and call while he's sleeping, or they expect us to do holiday things during the week. Luckily peak only lasts 4 weeks, but for me peak is no different from the rest of the year. It will really get bad for us when tax season starts for me. I'll work 60-80 hrs a week and we really won't see eachother then. That lasts 4 months. I can cope with one month of grouchiness from my husband, the overtime is worth it, and he's happy with his job most of the time so that is a plus.

Hang in there ladies, it will be over soon!

My animals do keep me company, I breed Great Pyrenees, and they keep me on my toes, having 4 dogs over 140lbs is kinda like having 4 more people in the house. They keep me company but they relly dont care about what is on the news, and having an intelligent conversation with them is like pulling teeth LOL

I know peak is only a few weeks, and I will get over it, I might find some books to read.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Well, after 13 years of working for UPS as a preloader, he is making enough to support the household. I dont work thus I am home all day long. He has told me of nightmares where he is driving around with a truck full of stuff and it is 3 in the afternoon and he is lost trying to find his first stop, he says these dreams wake him at night. Between that and the fact that drivers live the hardest life with working till very late into the evening and dealing with crappy loaders, and management that is always on your butt about getting the packages to the destinations faster, no matter how fast you go it is never fast enough for management. He would rather know that he only has to lead his trucks, and that once that is done he can go home once things are wrapped up. I think the fact that you drivers come up onto the lines and look into your trucks and get this look of just dread on yur face, because either the load is crappy (which I think sometimes even with the best loader that happens) or it is a lot more stops then you think should be on there, and the boxes are packed to the tail of the truck and then stacked to the roof, it must be very overwhelming to see that and know you will be out there till all that stuff is delivered, and then on top of that you have to pick up stuff from places too. I dont think I would want to be a driver either under that kind of stress.

We both like being able to go out during the day. We go pretty much everywhere together. He is the person I have chosen to spend the rest of my life with, and to me that means we should be together as much as we can possibly be. A lot of people (family included) have asked how it is that after 10 years of being together we both still want nothing more in life then to be together 24/7, and honestly, he is the most amazing, intelligent, sensitive (mostly) man I have ever met.

On his part time pay, we own a 4 bedroom house on 3 acres which will be completely paid off in 5 years, at that point he will be going into management or retiring, depending on what he wants to do.if he retires we will be living off of investments that he has made. He does quite a bit of investing, and has done very well at it.

I also really wouldnt like him to go driving, yes the money would be nice, and OMG the overtime you guys work is major money, but to me I would rather spend time with him then have the extra money. We dont have credit cards, and other then the mortgage payment have absolutely no debt, we both beleive that if we dont have the cash to buy something then we dont need it that badly.
preload salary pays for your cost of living? or are you on mat leave or something...

get him/her to take up the driving. you still have 2 days, and the fact of life in jobs where you get paid $28/hr to be a courier is that you don't get a lot of time after work until you gogogogo the next day. money talks. and if something goes down (science forbid), you have the financial security. just the way i see it, i am certain that things are the way they are now for good reason.

Griff

Lonely/Bored housewives usually order an insane amount of QVC/Babies R Us/Pottery Barn junk. You didn't get that memo?

Better start ordering!

P.S. -- I hope he never takes a job as a friend/T driver, you might get suicidal based on your reaction to his preload hours.

preload salary pays for your cost of living? or are you on mat leave or something...

get him/her to take up the driving. you still have 2 days, and the fact of life in jobs where you get paid $28/hr to be a courier is that you don't get a lot of time after work until you gogogogo the next day. money talks. and if something goes down (science forbid), you have the financial security. just the way i see it, i am certain that things are the way they are now for good reason.

Actually I don't work, after 13 years at the company he is making a little bit more then the beginning wage preloader does, we financed our house on a 10 year mortgage so that it would be paid off rather soon, and I have a litter or two of pups a year bringing in 7000-10000 per litter of pups, so we do pretty well. I guess you could say that the dogs are my work, since I take care of them.

Lonely/Bored housewives usually order an insane amount of QVC/Babies R Us/Pottery Barn junk. You didn't get that memo?

Better start ordering!

P.S. -- I hope he never takes a job as a friend/T driver, you might get suicidal based on your reaction to his preload hours.

My original post may have made it seem like I was a bit more "off" then I really am, I guess I got so into a certain schedule and pattern of daily living, and it seemed like peak came so much sooner this year then it did last year, I kinda didnt expect it, it was like one day he was awke till 9:00 at night and the next he was in bed at 4 in the afternoon. He has a start time of 12:30 on Monday, so it isnt much better yet, but I am finding stuff to take up my time (I have puppies coming, so now I have something else to focus on) I am the first to admit that I wouldnt want him to go driving, I am not possesive either really, it is just that I enjoy spending time with him, and it is one of the greatest joys in my life.

Griff

I am the first to admit that I wouldnt want him to go driving, I am not possesive either really, it is just that I enjoy spending time with him, and it is one of the greatest joys in my life.

It takes a special breed of woman to be involved with a UPS employee. I'm a 23 year old friend/T driver and I couldn't keep a woman if you welded her to me. They either don't like the long hours, think you're cheating on them, or don't like the idea of you being around flirty women all day.

Oh well, peak is almost over, thank god. One more 55+ hour week and hell on earth is postponed for 11 months.

tieguy

Banned
You must be young and still in love. After 30 years of marriage this problem will self-correct. Your husband will come home after a 14 hour day and you will look up and say " Oh, its you, I didn't hear you come in." Time takes care of everything.

Or you come home after a 9 hour day and the wife asks you if you got fired.

Seriously though You have two lonely wives here married to a preloader and a combo worker. How many hours are they working? Most people I know outside of UPS are at least working a 9 to 10 hour day.

Mustang Sally

Loyal UPS wife
My Husband works 12 hours/day during peak, and anywhere from 8-10 the rest of the year, he is not a part-timer. I've gotten used to the crazy hours, and peak is so short it doesn't bother me at all. My busy season is the problem, as it lasts 4 months. So I guess I really feel sorry for people who are married to accountants.

You guys are in the homestretch, hang in there.

wornoutupser

"Oh well, peak is almost over, thank god. One more 55+ hour week and hell on earth is postponed for 11 months."

Griff,
You need to head down to Florida.
Peak started around the end of September this year when the snowbirds started heading down early this year.
We have the Christmas peak to handle, but the volume will not drop until the snowbirds head home. That is usually around the first of May before they are gone.
I am not kicking the snowbirds, but UPS refuses to put in the runs needed to handle the volume. We get killed down here for 6 months out of the year solid. My area alone more than doubles in population during snowbird season! One center here has the record in THE NATION for over 9 1/2 hour greivances filed-yet UPS will not get the dispatch down.
UPS has an answer. They sent in a new division manager that seemingly has personally targeted the top 10 greivance filing drivers. I was told that he even called that group "The Posse". This division manager takes the time to go through every driver's records with a fine tooth comb. He was even found IN the union stewards car recently as he came back from a stop. ( Why won't the CENTER MANAGER handle this) Rather than fix the dispatch, they are harassing 20 plus veterans that are called out to handle the problems that need fixing on a daily basis, yet the junior drivers go home early and the veterans have to stay out.
Life is fun in this center. Loss Prevention is now in the building every single day. One driver was fired for stealing soap and water to wash his car (the parking lot there is shell rock and the dust coats the cars). Another driver was written up for attendance, yet a multitude of other drivers that missed a whole lot more time were not touched. Can you say harrasment?
It would be a lot simpler to fix the dispatch and eliminate the problem, yet UPS in it's grand old style is coming into hammer the employees over a management problem. When the drivers try to talk to management, they simply turn their backs and walk away.

Hey Tie, is this a preview of whats coming in '08?

over9five

Staff member
I think we all know how to respond to this kind of harassment. Start doing everything by the book. Especially safety concerns, this will slow you down bigtime.
File on everything, make the BM look as bad as possible.

And.....ENJOY IT!

Griff

"Oh well, peak is almost over, thank god. One more 55+ hour week and hell on earth is postponed for 11 months."

Griff,
You need to head down to Florida.
Peak started around the end of September this year when the snowbirds started heading down early this year.
We have the Christmas peak to handle, but the volume will not drop until the snowbirds head home. That is usually around the first of May before they are gone.
I am not kicking the snowbirds, but UPS refuses to put in the runs needed to handle the volume. We get killed down here for 6 months out of the year solid. My area alone more than doubles in population during snowbird season! One center here has the record in THE NATION for over 9 1/2 hour greivances filed-yet UPS will not get the dispatch down.
UPS has an answer. They sent in a new division manager that seemingly has personally targeted the top 10 greivance filing drivers. I was told that he even called that group "The Posse". This division manager takes the time to go through every driver's records with a fine tooth comb. He was even found IN the union stewards car recently as he came back from a stop. ( Why won't the CENTER MANAGER handle this) Rather than fix the dispatch, they are harassing 20 plus veterans that are called out to handle the problems that need fixing on a daily basis, yet the junior drivers go home early and the veterans have to stay out.
Life is fun in this center. Loss Prevention is now in the building every single day. One driver was fired for stealing soap and water to wash his car (the parking lot there is shell rock and the dust coats the cars). Another driver was written up for attendance, yet a multitude of other drivers that missed a whole lot more time were not touched. Can you say harrasment?
It would be a lot simpler to fix the dispatch and eliminate the problem, yet UPS in it's grand old style is coming into hammer the employees over a management problem. When the drivers try to talk to management, they simply turn their backs and walk away.

Hey Tie, is this a preview of whats coming in '08?

Sounds like your management team is something from a horror movie. I get awfully irritated with our management team but they are saints compared to this type of behavior. It's a shame because you can't blame any of these center managers, oncar supervisors, they are just doing as instructed from upstairs. This company needs some big time changes up at the top for things to get better. The type of behavior described in your post is shocking and quite frankly criminal and it's all in the name of improving meaningless numbers. What good are numbers and math if you have to cheat and do dishonorable things to meet the mark? THE FISH STINKS FROM THE HEAD!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It takes a special breed of woman to be involved with a UPS employee. I'm a 23 year old friend/T driver and I couldn't keep a woman if you welded her to me. They either don't like the long hours, think you're cheating on them, or don't like the idea of you being around flirty women all day.

Oh well, peak is almost over, thank god. One more 55+ hour week and hell on earth is postponed for 11 months.

I am sure you just havent found the right one. Once you find a woman confident in herself, she can survive when you are away. She will have her own hobbies, interests, work, and you will just add to her happiness, not be the sole reason for her existence. That is a nice thought when someone survives just to be with you and make you happy, but those kind of women disappeared with the dinosaurs. 23 is a great age to be single and making good money, until she shows up, enjoy!!!

tieguy

Banned
My Husband works 12 hours/day during peak, and anywhere from 8-10 the rest of the year, he is not a part-timer. I've gotten used to the crazy hours, and peak is so short it doesn't bother me at all. My busy season is the problem, as it lasts 4 months. So I guess I really feel sorry for people who are married to accountants.

You guys are in the homestretch, hang in there.

my point again. 8 to 10 hours is not that big a day. I don't know too many people even outside UPS who don't work those kind of days.