arent drivers supposed to pickup packages?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Here's a question. If your guy is at your house as often as you state he is, did he get a nice tip around the holidays for providing you with such excellent service? I always make sure to go the extra mile to accommodate these customers that I refer to as "friends of the program".

mixyo

Dispatcher
Here's a question. If your guy is at your house as often as you state he is, did he get a nice tip around the holidays for providing you with such excellent service? I always make sure to go the extra mile to accommodate these customers that I refer to as "friends of the program".
i've only recently started getting deliveries this often in the past couple of months or so. But if I see him around the holidays, yes I would certainly give him a tip.

BrownSuit

Mixyo - Not sure where you picked up the expectation that simply placing a note on a package would get it picked up if you had a package delivered that day. Any packages that have been picked up are because your drivers have been going above and beyond to provide service, but also putting you in a bad spot when the package does not make service or when it is somebody other than UPS that picks up that package.

There is a charge for a pickup service for a reason. It's not because we simply want to make money at every possible point.

What happens when somebody other than UPS picks up your package? Are you going to try to file a claim? The claim will be denied that we never touched the package. What happens on days when there is a cover driver or when the route comes up to be re-bid and you have a new driver? If you need your package picked up on a particular day, you need to schedule a pickup for that day and be present to tender the package to UPS. If you do not want to follow these steps, you are welcome to find another method to get the package into the network. Keep in mind that dollar amounts eligible for declared value vary based on the method that you choose.

Your driver is not being anything that needs to be censored, they are doing their job. Your attitude does need to be checked at the browser before you start typing and could use some censoring.

You might want to consider the first couple of days they figured you were clueless and would help you out, but to repeatedly do something that appears to be avoiding being charged for a service and provide a necessary allowance as well as protections for the shipper?

mixyo

Dispatcher
Mixyo - Not sure where you picked up the expectation that simply placing a note on a package would get it picked up if you had a package delivered that day. Any packages that have been picked up are because your drivers have been going above and beyond to provide service, but also putting you in a bad spot when the package does not make service or when it is somebody other than UPS that picks up that package.

There is a charge for a pickup service for a reason. It's not because we simply want to make money at every possible point.

What happens when somebody other than UPS picks up your package? Are you going to try to file a claim? The claim will be denied that we never touched the package. What happens on days when there is a cover driver or when the route comes up to be re-bid and you have a new driver? If you need your package picked up on a particular day, you need to schedule a pickup for that day and be present to tender the package to UPS. If you do not want to follow these steps, you are welcome to find another method to get the package into the network. Keep in mind that dollar amounts eligible for declared value vary based on the method that you choose.

Your driver is not being anything that needs to be censored, they are doing their job. Your attitude does need to be checked at the browser before you start typing and could use some censoring.

You might want to consider the first couple of days they figured you were clueless and would help you out, but to repeatedly do something that appears to be avoiding being charged for a service and provide a necessary allowance as well as protections for the shipper?
Thank you, I can certainly understand where you are coming from. I apologize if I came off as whiny and entitled. It certainly wasn't my intent.

Simplest thing. Make contact with your driver personally. Not calling him a dick would be a plus. Just tell him what's up and ask if he could snag the returns when he stops. Toss a can of pop on the box once in a while. My guy has had my garage code and an invite to the fridge since I built this house. Boxes are always by the interior door and "dick" has never been uttered once.

Also, chill just a bit. They already think us Chicagoans on BC are gun toting mobsters already. No reason to add to it. :funny:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This past week, I walked up to the porch of a house, placed the package down as I rang the doorbell, when I heard the voice of a man saying "thank you". He was sitting on the porch in the chair about 2 feet from where I placed the package.

Happens to me all the time. Other day had a guy on one of those 2 people swing/bench things on a porch laying down and I dropped a package like 2 feet from his head and pushed the doorbell. I'm lucky it wasn't a mean dog instead of him.

542thruNthru

thats what i ended up doing. had to wait in line at the customer center and ****.

if you are going to deliver packages to my house, take my damn outgoing packages with you on your way back!

This is the stuff im starting to get annoyed with. I have too many customers that now have a special del location because they want me to see a package or talk to a specific person that will know if they have one going out. I get no credit for the pick up and it slows me down. Honestly i dont care about the numbers but the extra crap i have to deal with isnt worth it. Not saying that i wouldnt grab your package but if it was every other day. I might start to not grab it. Set up a pick up! Then you can bitch all you want about it. Untill then if i dont pick it up what are you going to do about it? NOTHING!