Arizona's anti-imigration law...

UPS Lifer

My wife is a realtor and has a number of clients from the Tucson area that are looking at relocating to Northern AZ because of the border problems and the influx of illegals.

klein

Für Meno :)
Sedona eh ? Just watched Dateline last night, was just outside of that city where they had that sweat-tent religious tragedy.
Why some people think 1 living person is God, and follow him - sure beats me !

Sedona eh ? Just watched Dateline last night, was just outside of that city where they had that sweat-tent religious tragedy.
Why some people think 1 living person is God, and follow him - sure beats me !
What beats me is how you come up with some of the things you do.

Where do you get the idea that anyone thinks of this guy as God?

He bills himself as a "self-help mentor" not as a link to everlasting life. The sweat tent tragedy isn't based on religion alone. Just a quick look at his website will tell you that he is more about success in all areas of life. He's a guy out to make a buck for sure, but I saw nothing that would indicate that he possess an inside track to God.

klein

According to the tapes that were played in court, he speech did include - "He was God" !
That's what the jurors couldn't overlook, and found him guilty of neglictable homicide.

Other then that - he would have gotten away as a free man.

And why would I want to read his website, and not believe his own words he said ???
Websites don't always tell it all.

According to the tapes that were played in court, he speech did include - "He was God" !
That's what the jurors couldn't overlook, and found him guilty of neglictable homicide.

Other then that - he would have gotten away as a free man.

And why would I want to read his website, and not believe his own words he said ???
Websites don't always tell it all.
Just based on what little evidence I have seen, he is guilty of negligence homicide and should be in jail. Where did you see these tapes of him claiming to be God? The only one I found that mentioned anything like that said he "role played as God" , not that he was indeed God.

klein

I heard the tapes yesterday evening on Dateline, in the court room. He did claim "I am GOD" and went on to say something like this : and if you don't believe I'm God you will die, and you won't be able to move anymore, because you won't have any muscles to move.

UPS Lifer

I have been following this story since that fateful day. In a town of 10,000 residents you generally only have to go to the 2nd degree of separation from anything that goes on. This is no different. We have friends who know the owner of Angel Valley Retreat Ctr (Amayra Hamiton). I know of her well before any of this. Her intentions are very pure unlike James Ray's intentions. I do believe in Karma or better put "what goes around comes around"! Ray is getting his just due. His intentions were not pure and are probably heightened by his thinking that he is on the same stature as God or at least is a main pipeline.

There are enough people out there who think Sedona is the land of hippies and psychics.... aka a bunch of wackos and crazies. We did not need this notoriety.

On another note: When Chris Hansen opened the segment, he was standing on Airport Mesa with Capital Butte -Thunder Mountain and CoffeePot rock over his right shoulder. I live at the base of CoffeePot close to the road's end in Soldier's Pass. We get over 1 million visitors from around the world every year. Fall is our busiest season of the year for tourism.

UPS Lifer

Our Governor is not the most polished but she has principles that can not be compromised. If compromise has to be made it is because she cares about the good of the state, not the Republican party, and most importantly she cannot be intimidated by the stinking pukes in the White House. She is not a politician's politician.... but she is a Patriot.

We may have a reputation in this state but it just fires me up even more! Go Jan!

moreluck

golden ticket member
1zpp0jp.jpg

UPS Lifer

Some how I don't think this will be a problem for AZ. Illegals don't want to stay in AZ. NOW ..... as for other states, they will suffer because of that idiot in the White House. We have posted signs at the border with directions to TOS house. After all he has two Houses and 3 brand new cars they can camp in! :welcomecat:

wkmac

I've heard illegal immigration has declined as a result of the poor economy. Damn, Obama gives you what you want and you still can't give the guy a break!

But then you never were specific about how a goal would be accomplished either or did you really care as long as they were gone?
:laughing:

But then why use the truth when fiction works so much better.

Did anyone ever consider that we stole the land by force and conquest and so-called illegal immigration is just nothing more than counter-attack? And I think they are winning too. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Did anyone ever consider that we stole the land by force and conquest and so-called illegal immigration is just nothing more than counter-attack? And I think they are winning too. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that war with Mexico like 150+ yrs ago ?
I think that these people are mighty slow responding to that conflict.

But then again didn't they steal that land for Spain , who stole it from the native people first ?
So it comes down to who's on first ?

UPS Lifer

I've heard illegal immigration has declined as a result of the poor economy. Damn, Obama gives you what you want and you still can't give the guy a break!

But then you never were specific about how a goal would be accomplished either or did you really care as long as they were gone?
:laughing:

But then why use the truth when fiction works so much better.

Using your analogy we stole the whole country!