Arrest after 30 day probation

PT Car Washer

Because a good percentage of preload comes to work stoned? I was honestly surprised when I first started working here that UPS doesn't have a policy that if an employee gets injured on the job, they require a drug test. Many big companies already implement this policy. We'll see it eventually, I'm sure.
Who wakes up and gets high at 3:30 in the morning? Unless it's to take the edge off the hangover.

PT Car Washer

Security? Asleep in the guard shack....LP's in the building somewhere locking the HV packages in cages...lol
You need to hire Barney Fife as head LP. Our LP chief busted one of the car wash guys for taking pop cans and plastic bottles out of the building and cashing them in for the deposit money. He was raking in $1.00 to $3.00 a night. Still has his job as he has been employed at UPS for close to 40 years but really put the fear into him

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You need to hire Barney Fife as head LP. Our LP chief busted one of the car wash guys for taking pop cans and plastic bottles out of the building and cashing them in for the deposit money. He was raking in $1.00 to $3.00 a night. Still has his job as he has been employed at UPS for close to 40 years but really put the fear into him
So because employees threw them out...the garbage belongs to UPS? It's not worth losing your job over but isn't UPS interested in recycling and going green? Oh I forgot...the only green they care about has numbers on it!

FilingBluesFL

So because employees threw them out...the garbage belongs to UPS? It's not worth losing your job over but isn't UPS interested in recycling and going green? Oh I forgot...the only green they care about has numbers on it!

I've heard of people being fired for taking stuff out of the dumpsters...

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

How dare he take that deposit money out of the pocket of our dear leader. His bonus wasn't as big this year so he needs it more than some hourly schlep that was out to screw the company anyway.

browntroll

when i go to certain hub areas i see that group of ppl and all they talk about is weed its usually the newer guys or younger guys.
one guy(pter) told me his dad(ups driver) does it on the weekends. i know a few drivers that like to party but at least they only do it on
weekends or vacation weeks not sure how these guys get high in the morning and sups dont care. saw one guy get injured but sup knew
he would never pass drug test so he told him to go home and say he got injured elsewhere or risk a drug test.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'd think that would be invasion of privacy, because that has no relevance to a sprained ankle.
Sure it does. If the business's policy is you must takea drug test if you're injured on the job....If say she tripped at work, fall and sprained her ankle. She takes a urine test and there's drugs in her system...I believe it can limit the employer's financial responsibility in reference to worker's comp.

Years ago, I worked for a chain store...and cashiers whose registers were over or short more than $20 were required to take a drug test within 24 hours or be terminated. When you were hired, you had to sign a disclaimer agreeing to this policy.