as a package handler, do we HAVE to work overtime?

RealPerson

AGAIN ... EVERY HUB / Sort is DIFFERENT.. You need to contact your Steward, your BA, go to a Union Meeting and ask, and maybe just maybe READ the Union book and supplement for your LOCAL...
You do not have to work Overtime, you can find another job... haha ok sorry.

I know in my building Part timers get OT after 5 hours. Most everyone stays, but if there is a reason for you to need to leave, work that out with your Supervisor.
I remember reading posts last peak from people saying in their building they were working 8+ hours and told if they left it was job abandonment. Not sure how that worked out, but just what I read.

So the answer is ASK your People with the knowledge in your own Union.

PT Car Washer

Almost all the PT new hires (less then a year) are already looking for a better job and are gone just as soon as they find one. Kind of hard to threaten peoples job when it's PT at $10.00hr and no benefits and want you to work like a dog. They just say thank you for making up my mind about quitting.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Almost all the PT new hires (less then a year) are already looking for a better job and are gone just as soon as they find one. Kind of hard to threaten peoples job when it's PT at $10.00hr and no benefits and want you to work like a dog. They just say thank you for making up my mind about quitting.
:bpotd:

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

It's not B.S. In one part of my metro area, UPS had two vintage buildings about 15 miles apart. They intended on replacing both buildings with a new, modern facility but during the downturn closed one and modernized (as best as they could) the other instead. A friend of mine works in that building and was only getting his 17.5 guarantee as recently as two years ago, but has been working peak-like hours all year - close to 45 per week. Apparently the volume that disappeared came back.

Apparently UPS has acquired and is renovating a former Walmart, but it won't be ready until next year. In the interim, they intend on building a trailer park adjacent to the incumbent facility.

PT Car Washer

A lot of times there is not enough work for everyone so they start cutting people and try to force the rest to make up for their poor planning. Don't hire me for PT and then want me to work FT at PT wages.