Aspiring Driver

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Screw that 6 to 1 ratio how bout 6 to 0.

There are 2 many of us part time drivers Being LAid off to have a guy walk off the street and get a full time spot. All of us laid off, on call drivers should be giving the oportunity before any 6 to 1 ratio.

How do I express this in a good manner. Sorry, manners out the door. To much time, sacrifice, and training to watch some freakin ups store person to walk into a driver spot. I can't describe what's in my mind to even have this as a thought.

2 jobs at how many years, all the running and gunning and then for that 6 to 1 bullcrap.:angry:

Take your cdl elsewear. I've always known about the 6 to 1 but it burns me up that it even exists with the long list of people that already has extensive time invested in this brown machine.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::biting:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

There are 2 many of us part time drivers Being LAid off to have a guy walk off the street and get a full time spot. All of us laid off, on call drivers should be giving the oportunity before any 6 to 1 ratio.

How do I express this in a good manner. Sorry, manners out the door. To much time, sacrifice, and training to watch some freakin ups store person to walk into a driver spot. I can't describe what's in my mind to even have this as a thought.

2 jobs at how many years, all the running and gunning and then for that 6 to 1 bullcrap.:angry:

Take your cdl elsewear. I've always known about the 6 to 1 but it burns me up that it even exists with the long list of people that already has extensive time invested in this brown machine.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::biting:

Quite a backlash.

Do you realize 6 to 1 is very good considereing when I started it was zero from the p/t inside...all drivers were hired from the outside.

'72. I'm pretty sure 0 from inside but I could stand corrected. I was hired as a driver from the outside along with 4 others the same week. Later that year 2 others were also hired from the outside. It's just amazing to me that someone complains about a 6 to 1 ratio.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
'72. I'm pretty sure 0 from inside but I could stand corrected. I was hired as a driver from the outside along with 4 others the same week. Later that year 2 others were also hired from the outside. It's just amazing to me that someone complains about a 6 to 1 ratio.

Had any teenage kids?

rocket man

SPARE ME THE (BS) HELP This person out. class a driver former manager ups. Wants to hustle. HE has not touched a ups feeder or package car.But the rate of pay is the first thing on list .I thought getting a job with a company like ups would be a good start . to aspiring drive you got it .CALL 1 800 PICKUP UPS TELL THEM YOU ARE READY TO START OPERATOR 1 a ne part of country 2a mid of country operator 3a west coast . YOUR IN ITS gonna be quick interview have (ss) number ready drivers license ready.Dont forget about you former ups training. you need to know the hours you can work. GOOD LUCK we will see you on the road (like the KNIGHTRIDER LOOK INTO THE NIGHT SKY) KNIGHT RIDER........................

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
As the others said the only way of to increase your chance of getting a UPS drivers jo is to first apply for a PT inside position. Other wise you have a better chance of getting hit by lighting before getting a drivers job. The ratio is 6 to 1 inside to out

Depending on where you work for UPS PT greatly effects the wait time to be a driver. For mean it was 11 months. But there are drivers in my buildingthat wait 8-10 yrs.

UPS doesn't care you have a A CDL your won't be driving a tractor trailer anytime in the next 10-20 yrs. All that you need is a regular drivers license.

You worked at a UPS store so you know how to put a label on a package and bill someone. You have no clue what it is to be a driver you just don't deliver packages that is the easy part it's the 100 other things that you need to be doing at the same time that makes the job hard.
thats so true,love it !!

City Driver

SPARE ME THE (BS) HELP This person out. class a driver former manager ups. Wants to hustle. HE has not touched a ups feeder or package car.But the rate of pay is the first thing on list .I thought getting a job with a company like ups would be a good start . to aspiring drive you got it .CALL 1 800 PICKUP UPS TELL THEM YOU ARE READY TO START OPERATOR 1 a ne part of country 2a mid of country operator 3a west coast . YOUR IN ITS gonna be quick interview have (ss) number ready drivers license ready.Dont forget about you former ups training. you need to know the hours you can work. GOOD LUCK we will see you on the road (like the KNIGHTRIDER LOOK INTO THE NIGHT SKY) KNIGHT RIDER........................

you seem like a very depressed person and probably a alcoholic

City Driver

call any of UPS phone numbers, u will get to talk to 10 different automated operators who cant understand english, then will probably foward you to somebody in india whos 3rd language is english