Atheism ON TOPIC

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Maybe you’ve been pulled into a stupid argument with him. None of what you posted or he posted makes any sense.
Well imo, what I said makes perfect sense.
Hey..I thought he really wanted to hear some answers and discuss some God vs Atheist things. Oh well.

BrownFlush

You could have just said free will.

But instead you posted a neverending rambling diatribe that proved you are in fact the ignorant Bible nut that he thinks you are.

Carry on.
Well thanks for your enlightened instruction.
I could listen to your advice but I won't .
Troll on.

bbsam

Staff member
Well imo, what I said makes perfect sense.
Hey..I thought he really wanted to hear some answers and discuss some God vs Atheist things. Oh well.
It’s a ridiculous discussion.

Why try to prove faith with science? Why try to prove science with faith?

Neither has a problem with the other but so often the two get thrown into conflict with each other. Why? Why do they have to be forced into a harmony that doesn’t exist?

The fact is that they don’t have to be except by those who feel that they have and must have “all the answers”.

It will be fine

You could have just said free will.

But instead you posted a neverending rambling diatribe that proved you are in fact the ignorant Bible nut that he thinks you are.

Carry on.
The belief in free will is impossible if you believe an all knowing being already knows the outcome of your every decision. That would be belief in the appearance of free will.

bbsam

Staff member
The belief in free will is impossible if you believe an all knowing being already knows the outcome of your every decision. That would be belief in the appearance of free will.
Not really.

On a binary level we can know two possibilities. 0 and 1. Complex computer programs can have nearly infinite possibilities based on vast arrays of binary code working in conjunction.

Now on the surface a program can look the same while in the background thousands of different functions and calculations are taking place.

So in the free will realm, the “binary code” of each decision at each moment of the universe may not have any detectable effect.

Now in the idea of a supreme being in which time is basically meaningless, the individual is free to make choices.

BrownFlush

Do you have a favorite movie? Do you know every line? Know how it's going to end?
God knows the end of every body and everything from the beginning.
Just because he knows the decisions you will make and the result of those choices, no free will was taken away. Still your deal. He has seen the movie of your life.

BrownFlush

Why do they have to be forced into a harmony that doesn’t exist?
The harmony does exist.
You talk like faith is blind.
The Genesis account of creation is proved by science.
All the answers aren't given....."The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, so that we may follow all the words of this law" - Deut. 29:29....but enough Scripture is to understand all I need
Archeology digs prove the history of the Bible everyday.
Why try to prove faith with science? Why try to prove science with faith?
Because so often the atheists argument is that science proves there is no God. My contention is just the opposite.

bbsam

Staff member
The harmony does exist.
You talk like faith is blind.
The Genesis account of creation is proved by science.
All the answers aren't given....."The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, so that we may follow all the words of this law" - Deut. 29:29....but enough Scripture is to understand all I need
Archeology digs prove the history of the Bible everyday.

Because so often the atheists argument is that science proves there is no God. My contention is just the opposite.

So let the people who see the discrepancy concentrate on that.

El Correcto

god is dead
upload_2019-7-18_11-6-17.gif

Religious nuts just move God to the limits of our understanding. Inch by inch ignorance is being replaced by fact.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I am an Atheist.
I deny the existence of any of the 9000 Imaginary Sky People.

Religion is poison.
Your understanding is woefully inadequate ... GOD or however one refers to to their Higher Power is all around you and one must look within to find their relationship with their Higher Power.

It seems being an Atheist in you world means being ignorant as well.