Atheists

klein

Für Meno :)
In God We Trust is on coins instead of a silly goose!!

Correction: IT's on your bills, too ! All of US money.
Has to be, esspecially these days as the US dollar is becomming more useless and full of debt.

So, you do need to "trust" (hope) in God, that it's still going to be worth something in the future ! ;)

moreluck

golden ticket member
And there is also within humor a teaching moment but then by you own admission you don't read or listen much less consider the importance of history so it's safe to say you'd never understand that point in humor to begin with.

BTW: I think worrying about an Air Force logo with the word god in it is a waste of time and putting efforts elsewhere would be far more productive. I'd say leave the word in the logo and when the plane gets shot down and the crew sadly and needlessly killed, ask the question, "Where was your god then?"
My efforts will be focused on breakfast at Ruby's Diner this morning........really important stuff like cinnamon roll french toast!!! (on the right in the picture)

P

pickup

And I always thought they had "In God we trust" logos on US military planes and bombs.
Kinda like "God is Great" before the Islam kill.

Take a look at your own currency, there is your God, Queen Elizabeth's image is right on it.

And her name is on all your ships and military branches. HM: Her Majesty's ...... (fill in the blank)

Bow to your God, Klein. Bow to the Queen. Good boy.

P

pickup

So, Klein, out of curiosity, what camp do you fall into , freethinker? agnostic? atheist? ubermensch? hmmm??

P

pickup

And there is also within humor a teaching moment but then by you own admission you don't read or listen much less consider the importance of history so it's safe to say you'd never understand that point in humor to begin with.

BTW: I think worrying about an Air Force logo with the word god in it is a waste of time and putting efforts elsewhere would be far more productive. I'd say leave the word in the logo and when the plane gets shot down and the crew sadly and needlessly killed, ask the question, "Where was your god then?"

Here is or was the full logo :“Doing God’s Work with Other People’s Money.

Other People's Money?? That says quite a bit.

klein

John & Yoko......a match made in hell!!

I actually use that song in job interviews. Not saying it's in every interview, but when the topic does come up, that's what I tell the HR person.

"I believe in John Lennon's song - Imagine" and that's my believe.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I actually use that song in job interviews. Not saying it's in every interview, but when the topic does come up, that's what I tell the HR person.

And here's your OWS people.....

'Imagine all the people
Living for today...'

klein

And here's your OWS people.....

'Imagine all the people
Living for today...'

And for all of those that lived thru a terrible incident/accident or near death experience.
They all live for every minute of the day. Is that terrible ?

I wished I had that attitude, actually.
And capture every moment of my life as precious.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Living for today to me means....making no plans for the future. Not saving for a rainy day. Caring only about this moment and to hell with the future!

P

pickup

This might seem mean. But it doesn't take much effort to copy and paste a video. It takes a little more effort to upload a video , don't you think?

So here we have a video that you not only put up on u-tube but copied and pasted on another thread . It seems that the sentiments in this song contradict those in the Imagine song.

Amy Song - YouTube

klein

Living for today to me means....making no plans for the future. Not saving for a rainy day. Caring only about this moment and to hell with the future!

And what has that to do with OWS or the Arab Spring ? I think they are thinking of the future and want to make it better !

P

pickup

And for all of those that lived thru a terrible incident/accident or near death experience.
They all live for every minute of the day. Is that terrible ?

I wished I had that attitude, actually.
And capture every moment of my life as precious.

Imagine there are no countries.
No Canadian things to do
No Countries like Germany
where they liked to kill Jews.

How do you like those lyrics?

klein

PIck-up, I didn't write that song nor the lyrics ! But, it might become famous, because I totally re-wrote those lyrics. (Coming this Spring, profeesionally done).

Might be the million-dollar ticket I have been waiting for.

P

pickup

PIck-up, I didn't write that song nor the lyrics ! But, it might become famous, because I totally re-wrote those lyrics. (Coming this Spring, profeesionally done). When you spell "professionally" incorrectly, it makes wonder how "profeesional" this song is going to be.

Might be the million-dollar ticket I have been waiting for.
Keep dreaming, Ralph Kramden.