Atlanta SMART Hub Open House today

rod

Retired 22 years
did you not look at the pictures Scratch posted, it's run like a giant prison with dozens? hundreds? of cameras

I would get a yellow safety vest and walk around with a cell phone taking pictures and writing nonsense on a clip board. They would think I was some safety idiot and wouldn't want to deal with me.

rod

Retired 22 years
After staring at all those video monitors for an hour or two I bet all they do is look out those windows and dream about being on the golf coarse

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We should dress up like Dave Abney and whip drivers with a bull whip at our browncafe Halloween party

He is taller in person than I thought he would be. Abney has worked for UPS for 44 years so he has one year of seniority on me! I didn't avoid him but I would have introduced myself if he hadn't been around so many people. I had met Georgia Governor Nathan Deal before. I only saw three people that I have worked with. This event didn't seem to be widely published, I only knew about it from a post on social media.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
After staring at all those video monitors for an hour or two I bet all they do is look out those windows and dream about being on the golf coarse

Those video monitors were all just showing conveyor belts, they weren't security cameras. I'm sure they had a security room somewhere with cameras showing every inch of the building. My Hub is covered with security cameras, you would be surprised with everything they monitor. They don't seem to catch crimes in the employee parking lot though.

fullsizeoutput_8e2.jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years
Those video monitors were all just showing conveyor belts, they weren't security cameras. I'm sure they had a security room somewhere with cameras showing every inch of the building. My Hub is covered with security cameras, you would be surprised with everything they monitor. They don't seem to catch crimes in the employee parking lot though.

View attachment 218525

I'd rather watch paint dry if given the choice of conveyor belts or paint

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 218525

Is that Monkey Butt on the right with the beard?