Atomic

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
I figured out where smurf was. He was at CPAC!! I saw a little dude crying when Scott Walker took the stage. Kind of like the old shots of girls crying when The Beatles took the stage

Sent using BrownCafe App
That was very funny. I'll have that image in my head all day.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
That was very funny. I'll have that image in my head all day.
I can see him at the Ed Sullivan theater with his bufount hair do and his floured mini-dress, wiping his tears of joy with thoughts of finally meeting the object of his man-crush.

Atomic_Smurf

If any man tells you he loves America, yet hates labor, he is a liar. If any man tells you he trusts America, yet fears labor, he is a fool.—Abraham Lincoln
Considering unions didn't exist when Abraham Lincoln was alive I would imagine he was referring to labor in general, not labor unions & when he does talk about the union he is referring to the Northern half of the country.

Atomic_Smurf

" Long ago we stated the reason for labor organizations. We said that they were organized out of necessities of the situation; that a single employee was helpless in dealing with an employer; that he was dependant ordinarily on his daily wage for the maintenance of himself and family; that if the employer refused to pay him the wages he thought was fair, he was nevertheless unable to leave the employers and resist arbitrary and unfair treatment; that union was essential to give laborers to deal on equality with their employers" - Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes of the Supreme Court of the United States, in NLRB v Jones & Laughlin Steel Corp., 301 U.S. 1 at 33

Sent using BrownCafe App
I agree. Its sad how far from that cause the greed of our union leaders & politicians has taken us.

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

Our labor unions are not narrow, self-seeking groups. They have raised wages, shortened hours, and provided supplemental benefits. Through collective bargaining and grievance procedures, they have brought justice and democracy to the shop floor.—John friend. Kennedy
From "justice & democracy" to a cash cow for left wing politics.

Atomic_Smurf

Today in America, unions have a secure place in our industrial life. Only a handful of reactionaries harbor the ugly thought of breaking unions and depriving working men and women of the right to join the union of their choice. I have no use for those -- regardless of their political party -- who hold some vain and foolish dream of spinning the clock back to days when organized labor was huddled, almost as a hapless mass. Only a fool would try to deprive working men and women of the right to join the union of their choice.—Dwight D. Eisenhower
RTW does not deprive men & women of that right. Dwight would probably agree.

Atomic_Smurf

"History is a great teacher. Now everyone knows that the labor movement did not diminish the strength of the nation but enlarged it. By raising the living standards of millions, labor miraculously created a market for industry and lifted the whole nation to undreamed of levels of production. Those who attack labor forget these simple truths, but history remembers them."

Martin Luther King Jr.
One of my all time favorite Republicans. ObamaCare has been the biggest attack on labor unions in our lifetime. Many have failed to realize it.

Atomic_Smurf

"Although it is true that only about 20 percent of American workers are in unions, that 20 percent sets the standards across the board in salaries, benefits and working conditions. If you are making a decent salary in a non-union company, you owe that to the unions. One thing that corporations do not do is give out money out of the goodness of their hearts."

Molly Ivins
Agreed. Union leaders today also do nothing out of the goodness of their hearts. They reward themselves & their chosen political cronies handsomely with the fruits of our labor.

Atomic_Smurf

I figured out where smurf was. He was at CPAC!! I saw a little dude crying when Scott Walker took the stage. Kind of like the old shots of girls crying when The Beatles took the stage

Sent using BrownCafe App
That was you at the Clinton/Grimes campaign rally. We all saw the posts. Lol

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

Union dues in the Teamsters is NOT used for political contributions. DRIVE, which many of us willingly donate to our union is used for that purpose.
That is pretty much true for our union but Hoffa doesn't have to spend a dime to (mis)speak on our behalf & use our brand to verbally support politicians & legislation that are against our best interests.