Attendance interpretation question

Upsftd125

So I was pulled into the office today because I called out on Saturday. Normally I am m-friend but I was forced in last week on Saturday as well. I called Saturday morning and told my supervisor I wanted to use a sick day. Well today I was issued a verbal warning for using 3 call outs over a 90 day period. Each time, I have requested to use a sick day and two of the three were granted as such. This past Saturday, nothing was listed on my time card. Not call in or sick time. My question is why have sick days if I can't use them as needed. My supe tells me that even tho I used sick days, ups still considers that excessive absenses.

So I was pulled into the office today because I called out on Saturday. Normally I am m-friend but I was forced in last week on Saturday as well. I called Saturday morning and told my supervisor I wanted to use a sick day. Well today I was issued a verbal warning for using 3 call outs over a 90 day period. Each time, I have requested to use a sick day and two of the three were granted as such. This past Saturday, nothing was listed on my time card. Not call in or sick time. My question is why have sick days if I can't use them as needed. My supe tells me that even tho I used sick days, ups still considers that excessive absenses.
Tell him to go pond sand You still have sick days and until you run out of them they are not excessive.
They can interpret it anyway they want to

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They’ve become major dicks here about call ins. Verbal warning first call in. Just totally idiotic.

542thruNthru

It goes by occurrences not sick days. You had 3 occurrences in a 90 day period. If you had called out 3 days in a row it would have been just one occurrence.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1617668088808.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But do you have sick days?But do you have sick days?
We don’t have sick days here.
Also no formal attendance policy.

I’ve seen people with actual attendance issues get fired. My building has no real attendance issues. What they have is a staffing problem that they pretend will be fixed if we are all just good little boys and girls and show up for work every single day of the year.