Attitude Adjustment

arice11

How does UPS get away with being a multi-billion dollar company but can't make sure the computers are up to let employees clock-in?
Today was another one of those days when no computer would allow me to clock-in so I asked the SUP to manually punch me in.
"Yes, I got you covered. You'll be clocked in" he says.
End of the day, I find a computer, turns out I was never clocked in at all.
An entire day off the clock...great for management's numbers and maybe for the stock holders but not for me.
Then my SUP comes up and asks me to come in extra early.
"Will you pay me for it?" I asked spitefully...knowing that his reaction wouldn't be pleasant.
"Well not if you use that attitude" he says.
ATTITUDE! My attitude is the result of his lies and indifference!
They let other guys work an hour or more for free and no one says anything about it. Now that particular individual is on vacation suddenly I'm expected to fill his position. friend! THAT!
If UPS can't even get their computers to allow employees to clock in, and then lie to them about manually punching them in, then why should I give them even a modicum of loyalty.
Something needs to be done...they're obviously more concerned with pensions and management numbers to even pay their employees correctly, if this whole "union" thing wasn't just a big illusion like farce I would try to organize a petition to oust the current SUPs and put someone with basic computer skills in charge.
What a rip-off! When my pay-stub comes in, I'm going to make sure HR hears my story. Ridiculous!

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
How does UPS get away with being a multi-billion dollar company but can't make sure the computers are up to let employees clock-in?
Today was another one of those days when no computer would allow me to clock-in so I asked the SUP to manually punch me in.
An entire day off the clock...great for management's numbers and maybe for the stock holders but not for me.
"Will you pay me for it?" I asked spitefully...knowing that his reaction wouldn't be pleasant.
They let other guys work an hour or more for free and no one says anything about it. Now that particular individual is on vacation suddenly I'm expected to fill his position. friend! THAT!
If UPS can't even get their computers to allow employees to clock in, and then lie to them about manually punching them in, then why should I give them even a modicum of loyalty.
Something needs to be done...they're obviously more concerned with pensions and management numbers to even pay their employees correctly, if this whole "union" thing wasn't just a big illusion like farce I would try to organize a petition to oust the current SUPs and put someone with basic computer skills in charge.
What a rip-off! When my pay-stub comes in, I'm going to make sure HR hears my story. Ridiculous!
Take one for the team...

blkmamba

Your sup would clock you in at the end of the night, calm down. It happens all the time, it is really not a big deal. You created more working at the end of the night when you essentially clocked in. Yes, the computers should be working but you don't need to be a whiny little bitch.

A petition hahahahaha

Anthonysg0113

I know it sucks having that feeling of not getting paid, but you will, or they'll have to pay you double for their bs. You'll be alright. Let your shop steward know.

PT Car Washer

I agree with you. It's so wrong. We work to hard to work for free.
I have seen many people refuse to start early when asked because they never know if they will be paid for the extra time. Sups get busy and forget to adjust their time and unless you write down your hours everyday and every week you just never know. Not saying it is a conspiracy, just poor management.

Rainman

Its all good.
I have kept track of my hours for years. Mistakes can be made, but if you keep track of hours yourself you can keep from being screwed. Don't assume they are right, make sure they are by watching behind them.