Aug Frontline

Purplepackage

I don't think they will use it in real time to harass. But like UPS they will use it the next day to harass a driver they think is underperforming.

They don't need GPS to harass you, gap reports do the job just as good.

Right now my managers favorite thing is cutting routes/ on road hours and really pissing people off. Every August they act like its a surprise that volume drops, and every October they act like its a surprise that volume goes back up

MAKAVELI

They don't need GPS to harass you, gap reports do the job just as good.

Right now my managers favorite thing is cutting routes/ on road hours and really pissing people off. Every August they act like its a surprise that volume drops, and every October they act like its a surprise that volume goes back up
I agree they don't need real time GPS tracking, but it gives them a tool to harass and document for a termination.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Geez, all this nit pickin' to try to get UPS style production for FedEx Air employees... they should know better than that.

I'm left alone to run my route my way since I don't deal with commit times or pickup compliance or rush to RTB so they can get the outbound freight to the airport.

PS I gotz my raise, Yahoo! Another peak season in redneck land, fine by me... all friendly customers.

Hardly any disputes & a stackload of those golden customer compliment certificates (wif no cash attached) made the investor class decision a no-brainer to keep OrioN on their staff

Purplepackage

Geez, all this nit pickin' to try to get UPS style production for FedEx Air employees... they should know better than that.

I'm left alone to run my route my way since I don't deal with commit times or pickup compliance or rush to RTB so they can get the outbound freight to the airport.

PS I gotz my raise, Yahoo! Another peak season in redneck land, fine by me... all friendly customers.

Hardly any disputes & a stackload of those golden customer compliment certificates (wif no cash attached)

Everytime they do something that they think will cut hours and save money it just ends up costing them more money and using more man hours

vantexan

They can only pressure someone if there is a threat to terminate. This is why the few ( my opinion ) that are extreme milkers get away with it now. You quit only because you were ready to retire and health problems made that choice even more resolute. They have GPS now so there really is no need for telematics to catch the milkers. The company doesn't care about methods, they dont teach them and that's why they don't do check rides anymore. It is purely a tool to harass and make a case to fire a driver for cause.
They've had gap reports for awhile. Didn't see them using them to fire anyone. GPS makes certain that the big gap on the gap report was due to screwing around in a place other than where you should be. Which if they fire a courier over will quickly bring others back to the straight and narrow. What the company wants is productivity. There is no harassment if the courier is doing what he should be doing. And if they pay better it's their right to demand honest labor. And if the company had given me my percentage of range back I'd be looking at four or five years to top pay and would definitely be working now even with the diabetes issues.

MAKAVELI

They've had gap reports for awhile. Didn't see them using them to fire anyone. GPS makes certain that the big gap on the gap report was due to screwing around in a place other than where you should be. Which if they fire a courier over will quickly bring others back to the straight and narrow. What the company wants is productivity. There is no harassment if the courier is doing what he should be doing. And if they pay better it's their right to demand honest labor. And if the company had given me my percentage of range back I'd be looking at four or five years to top pay and would definitely be working now even with the diabetes issues.
Maybe you missed the part where i said they already have GPS.

It will be fine

IWBF, here's the thing..... if you don't exonerate them, don't you get fined depending on the situation? Express doesn't have to worry about that... well... unless it's the government...

I want to be wrong about this livegps being used to harass hardworking couriers further. I think my stance will be... I'll believe it when I see it.
I use it for everything. Pickups, we definitely get fined for, so when a customer says my guy didn't show up I can show his truck parked at the location for 10 mins or whatever it was. I use it almost daily for disputed deliveries. Customer says they didn't receive a box, gps shows them parked at the address it's an easy follow up. Sometimes it shows them on a different street and that makes recovery much easier too.
I don't normally watch a replay of an entire day unless it's a new guy that needs trainking on efficiency.

I'd bet Express will implement new reports that will auto generate with whatever metric they are pushing that week. Once you know all the reports you'll figure out how to stay off them, no biggie.

OrioN

Ah, now i see how this can help Ground drivers on the pickup compliance.

At HD, the driver has to scan the parcels at the address or it makes driver follow ups moot since each scan is tagged with a GPS marker

!Retired!

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was using that as a reference point. Little by little, more surveillance and control. Get them used to it, then add more. tighten the screws a little tighter. Don't drop all the changes at once or they actually might *gasp* organize!

Yes, they can, the next day. They want to make it where they can dispatch you and say "So, why have you been at 100 main st for 7 minutes??? MOVE FASTER!!!"
You work for them, they don't work for you. Most couriers, me included, wouldn't care if they put the same system they have in UPS trucks. Go work for UPS and then you can bitch and moan how they can even tell if you pull your DIAD out while sitting at a light.
If I had a route as tight as the UPS drivers (there's 3 in my 1 area), I could do 200 stops every day and not break a sweat.

OrioN

Jack, they in my quote= management

We frontline workers know how it is out thurr , with the exception of said "milkers"

Purplepackage

Jack, they in my quote= management

We frontline workers know how it is out thurr , with the exception of said "milkers"

I used to work with a guy that could have 100 stops or 50, either way he was going to work 9 hours. He used to say he needed the 5 hours of overtime every week

Schweddy

Balls
Yeah it was a while ago when they came out about adding gps to the ppad for certain additions, like anytime you go into a stop it logs it and on the minute, etc. and that the manager wouldn't have access to the more specific data. but it's been a while

!Retired!

Pretty sure management isn't supposed to have access to gps info according to the disclosure we signed.
I never signed any disclosure. But, from my understanding, management doesn't DIRECTLY have access to GPS information. They would have to request the info from Memphis. I believe they also need a reason (falsification, etc).