Aug Frontline

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The company doesn't care about methods, they dont teach them and that's why they don't do check rides anymore.

I love it when people make broad, general statements about "the company" based on what they see in one station.

It is purely a tool to harass and make a case to fire a driver for cause.

Yet "the company" isn't firing much of anyone.

59 Dano

I've scanned bad addresses (no apartment, no suite number) while still in the station. NEVER had anyone question it.

The .3 mile thing is only active in 12 locations.

How do you know they were 'strictly enforced'? There's NO WAY you could know what every courier does on the road every day. It's easy to follow CBP for a day while having a checkride.

Yes, and when those metrics are consistent with non-checkride days, there ya go.

vantexan

Shaq can still dunk and block shots. Doesn't mean he belongs out on the floor.
Your old age bias really doesn't apply anymore. Under the new plan there will be topped out people in their 30's. So the days of trying to get rid of those older guys because they make too much are over.

59 Dano

Your old age bias really doesn't apply anymore. Under the new plan there will be topped out people in their 30's. So the days of trying to get rid of those older guys because they make too much are over.

It's not a bias to point out that people slow down as they get older.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why do some people get defensive when a remark is made about slow couriers?
I suppose I'm sensitive on the subject because I wore out my body during the 20+ years I was a dedicated employee, only to hear from management that, should I be unable to consistently attain the arbitrary goals they set, I would be expected to make a "life choice". 100-150% of goals during my prime years meant nothing if I could only attain 95% as I aged and wore out. I invested my best effort in this company, to be told at the end of my career I no longer was valued. P-S-P at its finest.

vantexan

I suppose I'm sensitive on the subject because I wore out my body during the 20+ years I was a dedicated employee, only to hear from management that, should I be unable to consistently attain the arbitrary goals they set, I would be expected to make a "life choice". 100-150% of goals during my prime years meant nothing if I could only attain 95% as I aged and wore out. I invested my best effort in this company, to be told at the end of my career I no longer was valued. P-S-P at its finest.
Especially when much of that career was spent never being compensated as promised.

Schweddy

Balls
I'd gander that Dano is right around 40 years old. (39 if you're feeling sensitive about it)..

You'll be feeling the same pains and slowing down yourself before too long.

59 Dano

What are they supposed to do, keep you around as long as you feel like staying regardless of your decline in ability? They are under no obligation to keep you up forever.

59 Dano

I'd gander that Dano is right around 40 years old. (39 if you're feeling sensitive about it)..

You'll be feeling the same pains and slowing down yourself before too long.

And at some point I'll realize that it's probably time to go because I can't cut it anymore. I won't become some clown who thinks he's owed something.

Oldfart

I have never seen an employee ran off because of their age as it pertains to job ability. The job is physically demanding but unless your body prevents you from carrying 75lbs, most anyone can keep up with the demands of the job. I know I am not as quick as I was many years ago but I keep up with the demands of the job and have never had a manager insinuate that my age is gonna be a problem with me doing my job.

vantexan

What are they supposed to do, keep you around as long as you feel like staying regardless of your decline in ability? They are under no obligation to keep you up forever.
Nah, they're just the ones who stuck with it when there was constant turnover. You know, those that helped FedEx make that profit which built Ground at their expense.