August 1 pay raise per CBA

Okay a few quick questions. I’m in Central Jersey hub. We all make 18.50 an hour because of the MRA. Are we going to get the .90 cent raise on August 1? I read the CBA and it was ratified on 2018. I understand that the pandemic isn’t our fault or anyone else’s for the matter. Does anyone know if we are getting “rolled back” to our CBA contractual raises or keep our MRA raises? I’m a day sort loader and I work doubles on Twilight for OT. Thank you all for your time and input.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Okay a few quick questions. I’m in Central Jersey hub. We all make 18.50 an hour because of the MRA. Are we going to get the .90 cent raise on August 1? I read the CBA and it was ratified on 2018. I understand that the pandemic isn’t our fault or anyone else’s for the matter. Does anyone know if we are getting “rolled back” to our CBA contractual raises or keep our MRA raises? I’m a day sort loader and I work doubles on Twilight for OT. Thank you all for your time and input.
I'd assume that you would keep your MRA for the time being since ups can't get people to come in and work without it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I doubt you'll have to worry about getting rolled back, and you should get the raise. There is also a COLA adjustment too I believe.

Based on the info you gave I'll guess you're in EDINJ. If so, that building is so short staffed that if management did try to do something like a roll back they'd lose no less than 25% of their already low staffing within 1 week.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I doubt you'll have to worry about getting rolled back, and you should get the raise. There is also a COLA adjustment too I believe.

Based on the info you gave I'll guess you're in EDINJ. If so, that building is so short staffed that if management did try to do something like a roll back they'd lose no less than 25% of their already low staffing within 1 week.
Which means they will try it.

542thruNthru

Local 177 is a strong local. Also the only local smart enough to join the Western Region in our healthcare!
Oh by the way.
1627192738020_trimmed.png

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Im in the 177. The Cola is $.33, driver that is on vacation first week of August received his check and with the yearly bump and Cola it was $1.23
I didn't even notice that, thanks. I'm on vacation that week also and can confirm the total $1.23 raise, contractual $0.90 plus COLA $.030.
20210725_082438.jpg

DriverNerd

The contract states that all employees that made seniority before August 1, 2018 shall receive the yearly hourly raises. If you were after that, you don't really get a raise, just a rise of your minimum pay. And I really doubt the MRA is going away anytime soon; way too many jobs are available for UPS to compete against.

I'm on vacation the first week of August and it has a $1.23 an hour raise on it.

Wish I had that option. $2 over 10 years = about an extra $600 a month in benefits.
It could work out good if the pensions fund does well with the pension fund does not work well then you're making less money than everybody else and not getting the benefit of adding part of your roses to the pension plan