August Pay Raise

O

oldupsman

Please sawdust,
That's just a flat out lie. I just retired after 32 full time years as a package car driver. We've never had a negeoiated pay raise taken from us. You APWA wackos just go off the deep end sometimes. And when you do it makes you look no different than the Teamsters.

mittam

Please sawdust,
That's just a flat out lie. I just retired after 32 full time years as a package car driver. We've never had a negeoiated pay raise taken from us. You APWA wackos just go off the deep end sometimes. And when you do it makes you look no different than the Teamsters.

oldupsman, I didn't start this as a debate of ibt or APWA. I have had guys in my center coming to me and asking saying others had said it to them and they also read it on the tdu sight.
Guy, I'm in the Dayton area, what area are you from?

sawdusttv

Please sawdust,

32 years, you must be loosing your memory or you're going senile, because it sure happened . I'm SORRY folks but it pisses me off, for anyone to accuse me of not telling the true, muchless some unregistered, old ____ that doesn't know his ____ from a hole in the ground. I have 25 years with UPS in NC and I lived through the taking of our pay raise to suppliment our health care. They told us it was either give up the raise or start paying for part of our healthcare, and in addition I was also here for the contract extention which they pushed through by offering the part-timers $1000 signing bonus and the full-timers $2000.

SORRY Cheryl and everyone else for the bad language, but it makes my blood boil to be called a lier, because that is one thing that I strive very hard not to do!!:mad::mad:

Last edited:
O

oldupsman

Well, a typical APWA response. You don't agree with me therefore I must attack you. Which by the way is a typical Teamster response. I'm not from central states. I repeat, we never had a negoatiated pay raise taken from us. Never had any raise at any time diverted to any other program. I know you may not believe this coming from an unregistered __hole but the world doesn't start and end with central states. And when someone doesn't agree with you APWA people, you just go off. Anything goes. Sound familiar? After all these months of discussion on these boards I've come to a conclusion. The only difference I see between the IBT and APWA is 1 letter.

brownman15

32 years, you must be loosing your memory or you're going senile, because it sure happened . I'm SORRY folks but it pisses me off, for anyone to accuse me of not telling the true, muchless some unregistered, old ____ that doesn't know his ____ from a hole in the ground. I have 25 years with UPS in NC and I lived through the taking of our pay raise to suppliment our health care. They told us it was either give up the raise or start paying for part of our healthcare, and in addition I was also here for the contract extention which they pushed through by offering the part-timers $1000 signing bonus and the full-timers $2000.

SORRY Cheryl and everyone else for the bad language, but it makes my blood boil to be called a lier, because that is one thing that I strive very hard not to do!!:mad::mad:
can you prove your statements. I have worked at ups for 20 years and this has never. I think everyone here needs some kind of proof to believe you

sawdusttv

Well, a typical APWA response. You don't agree with me therefore I must attack you. Which by the way is a typical Teamster response. I'm not from central states. I repeat, we never had a negoatiated pay raise taken from us. Never had any raise at any time diverted to any other program. I know you may not believe this coming from an unregistered __hole but the world doesn't start and end with central states. And when someone doesn't agree with you APWA people, you just go off. Anything goes. Sound familiar? After all these months of discussion on these boards I've come to a conclusion. The only difference I see between the IBT and APWA is 1 letter.

Wait a darn minute Oldman!
You are the one that came on here and attacked me, calling me a lier. I understand that not everyone is from the CS plan but in the CS plan our raise was taken to shore up the CS health plan. Maybe you haven't had yours taken but the people in the 25 states covered by CS did have there raise taken. So, it did happen and can happen again, to us all . So, if anyone is using tipical tactics it would be you, shooting of at the mouth and calling someone a lier. I only retaliated after being attacked.
If my memory serves me, it was around 1987, but I will find the proof that you ask for and let you know more specifics.