Hello all,

I'm looking into getting into UPS as a auto mechanic. Few questions I cant find.

1) Is there a hands on or written test to get in the door? Do you have to test in anyway for your progression rate to go up?

2) Are they ball busters on times?

3) Will they train you to get a Class A license?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
If you know how to write “ ok to run” then your in , I started my truck this morning and the coolant, oil , engine , abs lights were all on...the truck has more lights on it than a Christmas tree

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Amazes me instrument clusters last as long as long as they do with all the dust, spilled coffee, spittle, and cigarette ashes they get exposed to.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Hello all,

I'm looking into getting into UPS as a auto mechanic. Few questions I cant find.

1) Is there a hands on or written test to get in the door? Do you have to test in anyway for your progression rate to go up?

2) Are they ball busters on times?

3) Will they train you to get a Class A license?

Ignore the comments from drivers on here. Most of them can't tell right from left when writing up what tire they popped with a curb.

1. No, they hire you based on real world experience. You will be on a 60 working day trial.if you punch in day 61 your a permanent employee

2. The union does not recognize their times. It takes me what it takes me. With that said you want to get stuff done so your fleet does not fall behind.

3. No, unless they need you to have it.