MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
What year is it and what model?
She’s an old one , the coolant gauge actually says “ USA 1987” she gets parked all year then all of a sudden she’s needed..nice truck but just leaks coolant. I deliver some high class snowflakes so I’m always paranoid

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
She’s an old one , the coolant gauge actually says “ USA 1987” she gets parked all year then all of a sudden she’s needed..nice truck but just leaks coolant. I deliver some high class snowflakes so I’m always paranoid
Oooh....that's a VEM car. Any spendy items need replacing and it gets the ax. It may not survive the next PMI. Fyi, cars that age do not HAVE ABS.

Not saying that Redtag is wrong but I believe it’s different for each region.

I did have to take a written test. It was 30 questions and covered everything from air brakes to smog pumps.

I gain seniority after 30 days. 31st day and I was in.

As he said the times done mean anything but they do stay on us about redtags and road calls. We can only have 2 cars out per fleet at any one time. This time of year it’s 0.

Like he said you don’t have to have CDLs but you can’t bid a tractor shift here with out them.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I guess some districts are different. As far as cdl is concerned in my district it is not required as long as your not on a cdl required bid. I am a package mechanic on a cdl required bid but I am in a rather large hub, so we have to have cdl coverage.

Lol I don’t play their stupid limits on red tags. If I have a engine blow or something unsafe it’s not going back, I am not killing myself or getting somebody killed on the road, the truck sleeps over and they can put a rental in the lineup for all I care. I just don’t put it in the system.

Oh another important difference is some areas are IAM and others are teamster mechanics, I am in the IAM.. I guess we have a better pension