Automation

rkzy

Hi all. I'm a 14 year employee currently working in the ODC (international auditing) department. In the coming month UPS will be centralizing half our work. They will be basically taking away our keying work (inputting customer info into the database) and sending it all to one site. Also alot of our work will become automated with this new phone scanning system. This is a huge part of our hourly work. There are also reports I run at end of sort that will become obsolete when this change takes effect. I'm concerned how this will impact my hours and if there is anything I could bring to the union about or if I'm just SOL. I read the contract about technological changes but it seemed to deal mainly with drones and driver work. Thanks in advance.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If anyone is wondering why it asks those stupid questions in the diad now when you pick up an international this is why.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hi all. I'm a 14 year employee currently working in the ODC (international auditing) department. In the coming month UPS will be centralizing half our work. They will be basically taking away our keying work (inputting customer info into the database) and sending it all to one site. Also alot of our work will become automated with this new phone scanning system. This is a huge part of our hourly work. There are also reports I run at end of sort that will become obsolete when this change takes effect. I'm concerned how this will impact my hours and if there is anything I could bring to the union about or if I'm just SOL. I read the contract about technological changes but it seemed to deal mainly with drones and driver work. Thanks in advance.
Are you in the union?