Awaiting tour/interview for package handler. I have some questions?

rod

Retired 22 years
The only thing they care about if you are going to be a package handler is that you HAVE arms. They don't give a crap if they are covered with tattoos.

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
I will take my name off. And thanks to anybody that has a legitimate reply to help me. Thanks Bastiatian.

Once you do the tour you can pretty much decide whether this job is for you. Its heavy lifting hard work but doable if you can tolerate that kind of stuff.

Just be on time and show up and you should get the job. Staying there is a whole nother story. Not sure about the tats but my supervisor and the class trainer had visable ones at my hub. So I guess that's doesn't really matter.

The job isn't for everyone but if you want it you can last there.

Good luck

cc_

Once you do the tour you can pretty much decide whether this job is for you. Its heavy lifting hard work but doable if you can tolerate that kind of stuff.

Just be on time and show up and you should get the job. Staying there is a whole nother story. Not sure about the tats but my supervisor and the class trainer had visable ones at my hub. So I guess that's doesn't really matter.

The job isn't for everyone but if you want it you can last there.

Good luck

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better. I know I am capable! Thanks for your help. :)

Brisket

Lots of ppl have tattoos where I am and working inside they could care less, just show up and be a good worker.

Good luck!

P

pickup

If that's your real name, you should change it asap.

Needs from various hubs and centers differ, but if I had to name one thing that supervisors and managers want from new hires in my hub, it's good attendance and to be on time every day.

If you wear a long sleeve shirt, wear a shirt or something beneath it in case you get too hot. One of the things that will be drilled into your head during orientation is "dress in layers."

So how to show that you might be a person who will be present and on time ? Actually show up for your appointment and be on time. And if you're not early, you're late .

P

pickup

Show up for your appointment on time . That means being at the guard shack 20 mins early . They usually call up HR to confirm that you're allowed in. Make sure you know how to get there and where to enter when you do.

I can't tell you how many times I've bumped into new potential hires in the parking lot on the wrong side of the building getting out of their just parked cars asking me where HR is because they have an appointment that was scheduled twenty minutes before our conversations.

cc_

Hello! I just had a tour and interview this morning for the package handling position. (I did show up early!) I am the only one out of the group of 7 that was there that brought a resume and cover letter. I feel like the interview went well, and I told her I have already read the employee manual online and she was impressed and wrote it down. Upon leaving I asked her for her business card and contact information. She said "You'll be hearing from us soon!" She said by Wednesday next week. (So about one week from now). What do you think? Good signs? I've seem to have read very different experiences from everyone. Any insight will be much appreciated, thanks so much!

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Have fun being played off in January

Roikie

Great answer from someone who I expected to have no actual answer to what I said

1. Get a life besides brown café
2. Get a girlfriend or something, goodman
3. Its an internet forum, its not that serious
4. Dude, have a drink or get laid (even if you have to pay for it). :censored2:ing chill. Why so uptight?

Yeah I know im a rookie blah blah. If you respond please have something better, or dont say :censored2:.