B I O B....blame it on Bush...

moreluck

golden ticket member
You've done this to me probably 20 times......I don't want Bachmann for president. How do I get that through your thick skull??????????????

I may believe she deserves some respect as a woman, but I never said I wanted her as my candidate. Got it now? .....you sure???

island1fox

When I say" you" I speak collectively of the older generations that have squandered this country's future over the past 30 years.

bbsam,
Of course the "Greatest Generation" and the "Baby Boomers" are the problem. Pass this on to Obama --he has blamed everyone else.

island1fox

Here are some facts :

After 2 1/2 years in presidency Obama took 61 days vacation, compared to W.Bush who took 180 days vacation in the same period.

As far as medicare goes, the republicans want to even cut it further, instead of raising taxes for the rich.
Cuts to medicare and SS are comming no matter what.

Medicare won't kick in until age 67 within the next few years.
Why would republicans bitch about medicare anyways, if they are for non government healthcare ?
Maybe just privatize it, and pay as you go, and let the poor eldery go to the ER like the rest of the poor ?

Klein,

Just change the facts to fit your story. President Bush hosted many foreign leaders at his ranch in Crawford Texas at their request. Vacation or days away from the white house.
A President can be in the White House every day along with 18 holes of golf --of course that is not vacation time !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Klein,

Just change the facts to fit your story. President Bush hosted many foreign leaders at his ranch in Crawford Texas at their request. Vacation or days away from the white house.
A President can be in the White House every day along with 18 holes of golf --of course that is not vacation time !!

Island sir,

where is your outrage with congress taking 5 weeks off during the "so called collapse" of our country??? Why are you and the others crying for congress to get back to washington and do something??

Why do you only hassle the president for his vacation while the whole congress is out??

FOXED SPEWS is focusing on the presidents vacation every hour on the hour on both of its cable channels, but they dont speak an ill about the congress staying out for 5 weeks.

Your attention span and that of my cut and paste friend seems to be only focused on the FOXED SPEWS talking points rather that the problems at large. If anyone is concerned with whats happening, they would call for Obama, the congress and the senate return to washington and NOT LEAVE until they fix this mess.

Jobs programs, incentives for corporations to bring their manufacturing back to our country. Deal with tax increases on the top 1% and eliminate tax loopholes for the Warren Buffets of the world.

The deficit will never be paid in 1 year, so a LONG TERM deal must be reached to fix it.

Worrying about Obama's vacation is nothing more than political rhetoric sold to you in order to distract you from the real issues.

If you want to be taken seriously, then call for all parties to come back to washington.

Peace.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,
Of course the "Greatest Generation" and the "Baby Boomers" are the problem. Pass this on to Obama --he has blamed everyone else.
not saying they are the problem, just that they have already spent theirs. Don't expect the next generations to pick up after their toga party.

moreluck

golden ticket member
not saying they are the problem, just that they have already spent theirs. Don't expect the next generations to pick up after their toga party.
Yeah, I spend my $800 S.S. check to pay our $1477.00 medical ins. each month!! I'm going in the hole on that deal!!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Comparing vacations ; Bush went home to his ranch in Texas.
bhos goes to Martha's Vineyard in Mass.( which costs $50,000 a week ) , why doesn't he go back to his house in Chicago ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
tos, soon to be sent to all the important kool-aid drinkers out there;
happy-job-hunting.jpg

fundraisers-vacation.jpg

lifes-a-beach.jpg

no-plan.jpg

double-dip.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Comparing vacations ; Bush went home to his ranch in Texas.
bhos goes to Martha's Vineyard in Mass.( which costs $50,000 a week ) , why doesn't he go back to his house in Chicago ?

Hmm...let's see....spend a week in the Cape, walking along the ocean....or spend a week in the hood running through the water from an open fire hydrant...

bbsam

Staff member
Sorry...but several of your posts in this thread sure sounded like complaining to me.
Not at all. More than ready to embrace the austerity future. Not sure the rest of the folks around here have thought it through though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is the "right track, wrong track" polling people on the right thinking were being socialized or people on the left convinced that the dems have sold out to banks and corporations?

It's the current disapproval rating. I am glad I used scotch tape to affix my Obama 2008 sticker to my Altima.