Back Pain Suggestions

trickpony1

In the early 1980's a chiropractor told me not to put my wallet in either back pocket because it can tilt the pelvis, even a degree or two, and mess up the geometry of the spine/pelvis.

To date I have no back problems.
I also stretch my hamstrings which can tighten/shorten from sitting in my feedah all day. This also messes with the geometry.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In the early 1980's a chiropractor told me not to put my wallet in either back pocket because it can tilt the pelvis, even a degree or two, and mess up the geometry of the spine/pelvis.

I also stretch my hamstrings which can tighten/shorten from sitting in my feedah all day. This also messes with the geometry.
Get married and the wallet is a lot thinner.

Db2400

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for preventing back pain while riding in the truck. My husband is a driver and a couple years ago switched to a rural route where he is constantly on gravel/county roads. His back is being jarred around all directions with each bump due to lack of suspension. Has anyone found anything that can help stabilize your back while you drive? Or help with shock absorbing? He already tried the "forever comfy" cushion advertised on tv and that only helped a tiny bit and wore out in about a week. Just to clarify, the back pain is not from lifting packages--he's on a route with very minimal heavy packages. Thanks in advance!
Beer

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Always put your wallet in your front pocket. It’s bad for the back to keep it in a back pocket and easier to steal

purehavanne

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for preventing back pain while riding in the truck. My husband is a driver and a couple years ago switched to a rural route where he is constantly on gravel/county roads. His back is being jarred around all directions with each bump due to lack of suspension. Has anyone found anything that can help stabilize your back while you drive? Or help with shock absorbing? He already tried the "forever comfy" cushion advertised on tv and that only helped a tiny bit and wore out in about a week. Just to clarify, the back pain is not from lifting packages--he's on a route with very minimal heavy packages. Thanks in advance!

It might not actually be the seat. The bumps on the road may be when he feels it most but the source could be anything even if there aren’t heavy packages on the route. Getting on and off the truck is going to affect your back regardless if you have 3 points of contact. Your footwear and insoles could have an effect.

There is a book called The Back Bible (check your library.) I learned your abdominals and core being strong take weight off your back. Also your hamstrings are sort of connected to your lower back muscles.

Tell him to make sure he stretches his hamstrings and start doing exercises to strengthen his abs and core.

Round the block again

My back will act up from grabbing the bulk head door cuz it doesn’t always pop open all the time,or getting off the truck the same way, pulling the rear door down - when it starts to hurt just do your routine differently